Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
Here's my Black Ops with the newly attached attack back plate. looks awesome :D

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    331.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    524.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    492.4 KB · Views: 246

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I was using the custom studio on elements website, to just look at and mess around with the various colours, and I added one to my basket.

I was never going to complete my order - personally don't want to spend 140+dollars (which is at least 100 English pounds for me here in the UK - and that's BEFORE any delivery charges + customs charges which I have had to pay in the past when ordering from the U.S.) - but noticed today that I was sent a coupon code to entice me to 'complete my order' !

It's only for 5% but I am never going to use it so if anyone here wants it - go ahead - here it is:

Use coupon code 7312SCANE8413 to save 5%.

:)

Last edited:

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
I was using the custom studio on elements website, to just look at and mess around with the various colours, and I added one to my basket.

I was never going to complete my order - personally don't want to spend 140+dollars (which is at least 100 English pounds for me here in the UK - and that's BEFORE any delivery charges + customs charges which I have had to pay in the past when ordering from the U.S.) - but noticed today that I was sent a coupon code to entice me to 'complete my order' !

It's only for 5% but I am never going to use it so if anyone here wants it - go ahead - here it is:

Use coupon code 7312SCANE8413 to save 5%.

:)

yeap happened to me a couple of times. If you leave it in there for a few days, they wil send you a 5% coupon, depending on your order, it can mean free or half-off shipping

----------

I know some people have asked about the Sector 5 in the Elevation Labs dock and if it fits. I didn't see any photos, so I thought I would post one. Fit's perfect.

Oh and I had a Gelaskin made. Fits well too. Yes it's from Fatal Attraction.

please post closer pictures of your dock and the sector 5 case. Before I pull the trigger on a dock solution for my sector 5, I would love to know if there are any "compromises" from using it.

For instance, does it wiggle, or is it a really snug fit that may chafe the sides of the sector case? Anything else that one would want to know before buying? Mor epictures please! I really would love a dock solution for my sector 5 case.

Element case said they are just going to make an "adapter" for the sector 5 to use with the vapor docks

----------

My Sector5 FE + AttackBackplate + SGP home button + AdaptionLA yellow sidewraps :)

Image Image

nice. but no matching yellow home button? and where's the SGP Glas TR? :)
just kidding. good stuff.

hofnar

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
please post closer pictures of your dock and the sector 5 case. Before I pull the trigger on a dock solution for my sector 5, I would love to know if there are any "compromises" from using it.

For instance, does it wiggle, or is it a really snug fit that may chafe the sides of the sector case? Anything else that one would want to know before buying? Mor epictures please! I really would love a dock solution for my sector 5 case.

Element case said they are just going to make an "adapter" for the sector 5 to use with the vapor docks

The sides do not hit, so it's not a super tight fit. Technically the bottom of the phone does not hit the dock bottom. It's being held/elevated up by the lightning cable. So it will wiggle if you wiggle it yourself. But it rests on the rubber pad in the back. So technically none of the phone or case touches the actual metal part of the dock, it only hits the rubber pad behind it.

hofnar

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Attached are some photos so you can understand spacing. Taken with my ipad so sorry if they are not the greatest.

You can control how high the phone sits by adjusting the height of the plug on the lighting cable. Slide it out more and make sure you have the clamp tightened really tight.

Again, the phone will only wiggle if you move it and it wont wiggle much.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 145

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
The sides do not hit, so it's not a super tight fit. Technically the bottom of the phone does not hit the dock bottom. It's being held/elevated up by the lightning cable. So it will wiggle if you wiggle it yourself. But it rests on the rubber pad in the back. So technically none of the phone or case touches the actual metal part of the dock, it only hits the rubber pad behind it.

I'm not sold on having a metal dock with a metal case. You should be able to dock your phone without having to baby it, the purpose of the dock is to guide your phone into position so it meets the plug squarely.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
I was thinking of ordering a black colour or either the gun metal grey colour (with the black inserts and grip and black power button) but am unsure of the exact colour of it?!

I've bought a replica from elsewhere - I bought the gun metal colour but now I want to purchase a genuine one from Element themselves. The gun metal version which I have is more like a silver colour, which if I am honest, I don't really like!

Is the gun metal colour from Element, more of a dark grey colour or is it a light grey so that it looks more silver than grey?! Also - whats are people's opinions of the black case on a black iPhone 5? Would that kinda blend in too much with the phone?! I don't really want to purchase any of the coloured cases (except perhaps one with blue sides or caps)........

Decisions decisions......!!!

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
Looks good!!

Is that the silver frame or the gun metal one?! I want to get the gun metal one but wondering how dark it actually is in the real world because on Elements website - it looks quite dark !

That's the gunmetal edition. It's a Sector 5 FE :)

The silver is.. well silver, like the macbook aluminum frame.

ics55

macrumors regular
May 18, 2010
I just received a build to order Sector 5, and it looks great! I hesitated buying for a long time because I was concerned about the effect on signal strength. Ive been using it for a few hours, and I do see some loss of signal. It varies by location, and in one place I can no longer get an LTE signal. Do others see this? Is it possible to mitigate it somehow?

Advice appreciated

Thanks!

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
I just got my new gunmetal cf and its a great case. I have owned lots if theirs but this is the best so far. The fit is perfect and the carbon back really sits this case off. This is the first gunmetal I have owned and I'm really loving the color. Has anyone got a new dock yet? I seen one up the page but didnt know if it was elements or not. I'm giving it some serious thought in gunmetal. It would be a great all around look and a lot better place at night to charge my phone. I'll throw up some pics later but so far it's great.
Update: Case came defective which I'm not thrilled about so now I have to send it back and wait for a replacement. I feel like it should have been caught before shipping.

Last edited:

zelaya

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
In case someone got bored of their Sector 5 FE case I'd be interested on buying. What's the defferent between the FE and normal Sector 5, just curious.....

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
In case someone got bored of their Sector 5 FE case I'd be interested on buying. What's the defferent between the FE and normal Sector 5, just curious.....

the FE means first edition. Its not really special other than the color (gunmetal)

iTune

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
new custom sector 5

Has anyone purchased the new custom sector 5? I would really like to see a real picture of the green one as it looks completely different when you build it opposed to the banner that advertises it also the rubber piece in beween the phone and the case seems a lot nicer than the previous versions where the case would get loose and shaky after a bit of use or a drop.

Curt582

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2013
Hello everyone, i have a sector 5 standard edition, the black one. Ive has it for exactly 3 months, and ive noticed that the case is starting to get a little loose or wiggly... Has anyone else had this problem? My guess is it could be from the foam lining the inside of the case getting compressed over time, or using fancy coloured side wraps (i had red sides for it.. And it looked awesome) or just general use and maybe the 2 or 3 significant drops ive accidentally put it through.

Have you had this problem and what have you done to fix it?

I applied some thin pieces of black electrical tape to the corners of my iphone, especially the top left corner (it seems to be the worst for some reason) and that made it fit perfect, but now after 2 weeks or so its starting to get loose again..

I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about this.. Thanks :)

vodavoda

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Hello everyone, i have a sector 5 standard edition, the black one. Ive has it for exactly 3 months, and ive noticed that the case is starting to get a little loose or wiggly... Has anyone else had this problem? My guess is it could be from the foam lining the inside of the case getting compressed over time, or using fancy coloured side wraps (i had red sides for it.. And it looked awesome) or just general use and maybe the 2 or 3 significant drops ive accidentally put it through.

I applied some thin pieces of black electrical tape to the corners of my iphone, especially the top left corner (it seems to be the worst for some reason) and that made it fit perfect, but now after 2 weeks or so its starting to get loose again..

My FE is still tight =)

No Drops

Using Stick er boy wraps.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012

i was one of the first, and I've noticed a little wiggle. But im positive i just need to tighten up the screws.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.