Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
Just authorize the MBA with both AppleIDs and that should solve all of your syncing problems. You can authorize more than one AppleID to a single computer.

No you can't. It's actually the opposite. You can authorize multiple computers with a single Apple ID not multiple Apple IDs on a single computer. These may sound the same but they are very different.

I have two Apple IDs each with some previous iTunes purchases associated with them. I recently decided to try and get my old content by logging into the old Apple ID. During the process I was asked if I wanted to bind or attach this other Apple ID (don't really remember what it said) and thought fine, do it.

Well, later on when I wanted to go back to using my current Apple ID I got a message that read "This computer is already associated with an Apple ID. You can only download past purchases on this computer with just one Apple ID every 90 days. This computer can be used with a different Apple ID in 90 days." Now I am locked out of downloading purchases on my current Apple ID for another 75 days! AppleCare didn't have any help here either.

WTG Apple! All this unneccessary aggravation could have been avoided if you just allowed us to migrate or merge Apple IDs. I certainly hope that there's some truth to you fixing this issue.

rshoff

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2012
Well here it is two years later and as 'responsive' as Tim Cook may have seemed, we are still up s*t creek with our old purchases. We can purchase *purchase* iTunes match and somewhat merge the purchased music. Furthermore, if they screwed me once, why should I consider purchasing more from their stores? Just so I can be screwed the next time they make a change! It keeps happening!!

glauconite

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2013
Yes, still the same crap and its now 2014. I get help from the apple store to set up a new iPhone 5S and the guy assures me, and shows me that the phone is being registered to the ID I want. Now I get home and it turns out the apple employee used the wrong account. Will it ever end?

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Hi, can we stop bumping really old threads? Make a new thread if you want to discuss it, but stop making these tragically old threads resurface.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hi, can we stop bumping really old threads? Make a new thread if you want to discuss it, but stop making these tragically old threads resurface.

Why create a new thread. It is a continuation of the discussion on the same topic.

dahacouk

macrumors member
May 24, 2004
Planet Earth
Oh my! This is still an issue?! Really? Come on Apple. Sort it out. Where's Tim's number? I'll call him up and tell him he's loosing millions! ;-)

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Only an ignorant, customer hostile bunch of borderliner pranks is so unwilling to listen to its customers and 5 years short of memory.
And also Apple...

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Only an ignorant, customer hostile bunch of borderliner pranks is so unwilling to listen to its customers and 5 years short of memory.
And also Apple...
i highly doubt that the issue is simply that Apple is too stupid and hostile to listen to customers. there's probably a ton of technical and legal concerts at play

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
i highly doubt that the issue is simply that Apple is too stupid and hostile to listen to customers. there's probably a ton of technical and legal concerts at play
Thinking of what other cloud-companies do and the false commitments mentioned here I tend to think different

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.