Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
:confused: From what I gather, Tim Cook is dead weight everywhere. They had said he was some sort of supply-chain genius but I'm always seeing how product supply is completely falling behind demand for both the iPhone and new Mac Pro. He's definitely dead weight to the company. Apple is totally getting trounced by Samsung when it comes to moving products. Apple needs to build some huge robotic factories that spit iDevices out at mach speed. The news media says that every business deal Tim Cook makes is going to be a massive failure because almost no one can afford Apple products. So that isn't helping very much, either. Another quarter and Apple falls into an even deeper value abyss. Dammit! Apple has become a joke of a tech company scorned by the computer industry and Wall Street. :(

Yeah, Samsung are totally trouncing them at moving products.

Here's the thing: Apple shipped over 50 million iPhones in one quarter. Samsung shipped 9 million S4s in one quarter. Samsung continue to sell hundreds of other models, many of which are a number of years old. That doesn't mean they're better at moving products. :rolleyes:

If Samsung had the demand for their S4 as Apple does for their 5S (read: about 30 million sales in 3 months), Samsung wouldn't be able to ship anywhere near that amount, and they'd be way behind. But of course, if Samsung had that demand for their S4, people like you would spin it into 'proof that Apple have lost their way, and Samsung are catching up'.

SpinThis!

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2007
Inside the Machine (Green Bay, WI)
:confused: From what I gather, Tim Cook is dead weight everywhere. They had said he was some sort of supply-chain genius but I'm always seeing how product supply is completely falling behind demand for both the iPhone and new Mac Pro. (
Don't believe everything you read.

You know, part of Apple's appeal is generating hype and limited supply of products when they first arrive. If everyone could get a new iPhone on day 1 one, there wouldn't be new unboxing videos, tweets, blog posts, etc. That exclusivity drives demand. I'd wager Apple knows exactly how much to put in the supply chain.

It also takes time to build quality products. If you want to be like Samsunk and just crank out garbage as fast as possible, you're posting on the wrong board.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
isn't it obvious ?

He wants a holiday ...

neat colors.... they look better than the Apple Stores here,

tdream

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
The arab nations don't fare well when it comes to LGBT rights so it's strange to see Tim hobnobbing with folks who could see him as taboo. But I guess money talks.

noisycats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2010
The 'ham. Alabama.
:confused: From what I gather, Tim Cook is dead weight everywhere. They had said he was some sort of supply-chain genius but I'm always seeing how product supply is completely falling behind demand for both the iPhone and new Mac Pro. He's definitely dead weight to the company. Apple is totally getting trounced by Samsung when it comes to moving products. Apple needs to build some huge robotic factories that spit iDevices out at mach speed. The news media says that every business deal Tim Cook makes is going to be a massive failure because almost no one can afford Apple products. So that isn't helping very much, either. Another quarter and Apple falls into an even deeper value abyss. Dammit! Apple has become a joke of a tech company scorned by the computer industry and Wall Street. :(

I can't find a single accurate statement in your rant. Oh well.

tdream

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
Not even a "great orator" guy ... he's just a got-lucky guy. Maybe just a guy.

2.5 years later and we are waiting for Tim to show us something more than a belated update to the MacPro. He's not the "crack the whip" guy which Jobs was. Jobs was fire under everyone's collective asses.

He's a please like me guy

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
Great to see the CEO out there trying to grow sales. There is a LOT of money in the UAE and the folks that I have met from that part of the world, are very sharp. Win-Win. :D

booyahbooyah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2011
I'm assuming he knows he'd be lynched if they found out he was gay.

Also, I'm assuming that when he comes back, he'll use every interview to talk about their closed-mindedness, their backwardness, their anti-minority ways... etc... etc...

macs4nw

macrumors 601
He's "not a product guy". Apple should send him on a lifetime world tour and hire a CEO.

One-of-a-kind laser-focused individuals and charismatic leaders like SJ, only come along once in a very long time.
Do you have any realistic suggestions who, at this moment, could do a better job? Apple's board would love to hear those ideas.

Last edited:

macs4nw

macrumors 601
:confused: From what I gather, Tim Cook is dead weight everywhere. They had said he was some sort of supply-chain genius but I'm always seeing how product supply is completely falling behind demand for both the iPhone and new Mac Pro. He's definitely dead weight to the company. Apple is totally getting trounced by Samsung when it comes to moving products. Apple needs to build some huge robotic factories that spit iDevices out at mach speed…..

Wow, there are some harsh comments about Tim in some of the above posts, but your criticisms stand out. There is to my knowledge no race going on for quantitative superiority. Apple has stated publicly on many occasions they are aiming to build the best products they know how to; products that are fun and easy to use; products that inspire, educate and entertain. I believe they've kept that promise.

…..The news media says that every business deal Tim Cook makes is going to be a massive failure because almost no one can afford Apple products. So that isn't helping very much, either...

Apple's sales figures say otherwise. And since when is what some news media say "the gospel"?

…..Another quarter and Apple falls into an even deeper value abyss. Dammit!…..

The stock market is no reflection of the 'here and now'; they think long term, and they have reservations about Apple's future, and their ability to stay at the top, and keep producing those record-breaking quarters.

…..Apple has become a joke of a tech company scorned by the computer industry and Wall Street. :(

That is your opinion, to which you are entitled, but to say they are "a joke" and "scorned" is a bit of a wild exaggeration. No company will stay at the top forever, but many of us are expecting (and looking forward to) Apple to produce at least two or three more industry-changing product categories.

Let's see where we are in --give or take-- eighteen months.

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
One-of-a-kind laser-focused individuals and charismatic leaders like SJ, only come along once in a very long time.
Do you have any realistic suggestions who, at this moment, could do a better job? Apple's board would love to hear those ideas.

My post made no reference to previous Apple CEOs.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
My cousin bought an ipad when we were boarding in dubai. and when he got home and set up the ipad, it doesn't have facetime !! I've googled it and in fact that ios on the middle east have facetime uninstalled / removed and no way to have facetime unless he jailbreak. which is sucks.

This isn't true. I live in qatar and and I have brought 3 iPads and an iphone since living here.facetime is installed. I use it all the time.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
My post made no reference to previous Apple CEOs.

No, it didn't, and I wasn't implying that, but you did suggest that Apple should send Tim along, and "hire a CEO".

Your post does have the appearance of a veiled hint that the current CEO is incompetent. Again, if you think you know who, at this moment, could do a better job at Apple than TC, we all want to know.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Every time I look at Tim Cook I just think about all the money he has and how his life must be so freaking cool. Then I just want to meet him and tell him he's great.

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
Don't be silly. If you make an inflammatory statement, you can expect to be taken to task.

Request for clarification. In one post directed at me you instructed me to provide information to Apple's board. The next post "we want to know".

I understand Apple has a board of directors. The board has not requested info. I am not clear on " we".

If you are with IRS, pay my bills or sign my paycheck I will account. Not inclined otherwise.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
This isn't true. I live in qatar and and I have brought 3 iPads and an iphone since living here.facetime is installed. I use it all the time.

it really depends on the product code, for example MD103LL/A the LL/A you know its from US, and if its MD103ZA/A it is for the southeast asian market.
and if the product code is UAE/A that means its for the middle east market.

and my cousin got the UAE/A product code hence no facetime, just google it.

maybe you got it from an authorized reseller who got the product outside the UAE/A product code ?

Last edited:

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Request for clarification. In one post directed at me you instructed me to provide information to Apple's board. The next post "we want to know".

I understand Apple has a board of directors. The board has not requested info. I am not clear on " we".

If you are with IRS, pay my bills or sign my paycheck I will account. Not inclined otherwise.

First you've made a veiled assertion that Tim was unqualified for the job of CEO, to which I responded that if you have anybody else in mind, who could do a better job, then let's hear it. A reasonable reply, by most people's standards. After all, criticisms deserve to be accompanied by alternative suggestions or solutions.

Now, you're playing with semantics in order to win the argument. For the final time --I'm going to watch the Superbowl--, if there is someone else at this very moment, you believe is more qualified to make the big decisions and run the day to day affairs of Apple, I am fairly certain the board, many Apple followers, investors, and last but not least I, would like you to tell us who you have in mind, but somehow I suspect you don't have any realistic answer to that question. Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Kind of off topic...but that's one hell of a pointy adam's apple!

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Not even a "great orator" guy ... he's just a got-lucky guy. Maybe just a guy.

2.5 years later and we are waiting for Tim to show us something more than a belated update to the MacPro. He's not the "crack the whip" guy which Jobs was. Jobs was fire under everyone's collective asses.

At least Jobs didn't leave behind a moronic CEO like Gates did with Steve Emballmer. Tim Cook isn't ruining the company's reputation with poor choices of products, allowing OS X to be screwed up to a point where nobody likes it like Windows 8 nor is Tim Cook allowing Apple to lower themselves with classless lowball advertising as Emballmer was doing with Microsoft. Cook deserves a lot more credit than the downgrade you've given him.

And about your take on the Mac Pro being just a "Belated Update"? Get real! The Mac Pro not only has an amazingly innovative design but it's powerful enough to get through many years of heavy applications.

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
First you've made a veiled assertion that Tim was unqualified for the job of CEO, to which I responded that if you have anybody else in mind, who could do a better job, then let's hear it. A reasonable reply, by most people's standards. After all, criticisms deserve to be accompanied by alternative suggestions or solutions.

Now, you're playing with semantics in order to win the argument. For the final time --I'm going to watch the Superbowl--, if there is someone else at this very moment, you believe is more qualified to make the big decisions and run the day to day affairs of Apple, I am fairly certain the board, many Apple followers, investors, and last but not least I, would like you to tell us who you have in mind, but somehow I suspect you don't have any realistic answer to that question. Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

When you disagree or strongly disagree with a post just state that. Invoking the dead, speaking for a corporate board or the entire MacRumors community, may be a bit ambitious.

Enjoy the game !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.