Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jm001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
I am liking the new Pebble app with the Pebble Appstore. It's so much easier loading and unloading apps or watch faces. On top of that no need for httpebble to be running alongside the Pebble app. Kudos to the Pebble team. I have the Kickstarter edition of the Pebble watch, and I'm really leaning towards getting a steel Pebble. I will wait though when they come out with their next version of the watch as this current version can only store 8 apps and watch faces at a time.

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
i was wondering shld i get a pebble watch? any comment/review pls? :)

I love mine. At first I was like "what is all the hype about??" It seemed overly simple, the app in version 1.0 sucked (pre iOS 7 improvements) and the watch faces were a PAIN to find and load.

Gradually it has improved, iOS global notifications helped a lot. Pebble 2.0 App and Firmware goes further by making it super easy to load watchfaces. These watchfaces have a lot more features (easy two way communications with internet, more robust features) and they are easier to find and load.

The limitation of 8 watch faces is also less of a big deal with the watchface/app locker built into the app.

The funny thing is after a while you are like "oh, my pebble isn't a big deal" and then you leave it behind for a day and can't see your emails or texts with a flick of the wrist and suddenly you realize just how useful the darn thing is!

crybun

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2014
I love mine. At first I was like "what is all the hype about??" It seemed overly simple, the app in version 1.0 sucked (pre iOS 7 improvements) and the watch faces were a PAIN to find and load.

Gradually it has improved, iOS global notifications helped a lot. Pebble 2.0 App and Firmware goes further by making it super easy to load watchfaces. These watchfaces have a lot more features (easy two way communications with internet, more robust features) and they are easier to find and load.

The limitation of 8 watch faces is also less of a big deal with the watchface/app locker built into the app.

The funny thing is after a while you are like "oh, my pebble isn't a big deal" and then you leave it behind for a day and can't see your emails or texts with a flick of the wrist and suddenly you realize just how useful the darn thing is!

hmmm... my friend mention that i have to order online thru their website and there isnt any shop in singapore that sell pebble watch. jus worried in case deres anything wrong with my watch. =/

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
pebble is out in numbers...

It's like seeing a a mass market overnight...

One idea, ad the rest have to make as many of these pebble things as possible and as quick as possible..

jm001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
I like the idea of pebble and having an app store for it makes sense. I am not very keen on the actual watch. Still seems bulky. With Samesung and (hopefully soon) apple delivering an alternative, I wonder if pebble has a chance on its own?

Have you seen the new steel version? Lighter, slimmer and IMO stylish. Although I'm holding out from switching my Kickstarter version to the steel one till they release an upgraded Pebble with more capacity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.