Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andropov

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2012
Spain
I've been wanting to open a new Youtube channel recently, but I'm having problems with the header. I spent a couple of hours designing it, based on the 2560x1440 resolution that Youtube specifies, but when I upload it, it looks AWFUL. It's absolutely unacceptable, Youtube compresses it from 2MB to a 40KB size.

I've unchecked the "Auto-Enhance" box already, and when I click "Save", it looks acceptable (though noticeably compressed) but when I refresh the page, it goes back to an horrible and too compressed image. I've noticed that it also becomes slightly more "zoomed".

I've included screenshots of all three cases: a crop of the original file, the image that I see when I first upload it "MEDIUM compression" (before refreshing) and the image that appears when I refresh the page "HIGH compression".

Anyone knows how to fix this? I've seen a lot of far less compressed headers, so I don't know what's happening with mine.

Attachments

• HIGH Compression.png
    HIGH Compression.png
    298.1 KB · Views: 93
  • MEDIUM Compression.png
    MEDIUM Compression.png
    286.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Original File.png
    Original File.png
    292.6 KB · Views: 95
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.