Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Hate, hate, hate Thursday games.

@HubbuchNYP: Phil Simms doing games twice a week is technically waterboarding, from my understanding of the definition.

Hate them too. I mean obviously football on 3 days a week is nice, but those games are usually terrible, no matter the teams. Not enough rest for such a violent, physical sport. I think it's a disservice to the players and fans.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Hate them too. I mean obviously football on 3 days a week is nice, but those games are usually terrible, no matter the teams. Not enough rest for such a violent, physical sport. I think it's a disservice to the players and fans.

Agreed. I think that the Thursday games should be dropped.

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
The defense figured out the star QB
[URL=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1947171-richard-sherman-says-seahawks-deciphered-peyton-mannings-hand-signals]The Bleacher Report[/URL] said:
Manning has been known for turning football into a mind game. His ... audibles and hand signals drive defenses crazy, mainly because no one has been able to figure them out.... Nobody ... until Super Bowl XLVIII.

"All we did was play situational football. We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.

Me, Earl, Kam, we're not just all-pro players, we're all-pro minds."
Yeah, OK, maybe Sherman needs to dial it back just a tiny bit.

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
What did Seahawks fans do after the Superbowl was over?

They watched the second half

Stole this from twitter/@robfee:

Use the promo code PEYTON when ordering a Papa Johns pizza & when it’s delivered to your house, a Seattle DB will take it from you & eat it.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
What do you guys think about this kid who is in this year's draft coming out? Wise move doing it right before draft? Do you think teams will shy away due to the added attention?

Instead of derailing this thread, I think you should visit the PRSI thread about it.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Instead of derailing this thread, I think you should visit the PRSI thread about it.

I removed it sorry.... but you might want to cut back on the dramatics a bit there... "Derailing this thread"? really?

Last edited:

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
all in all I'm pretty satisfied with the 2013-14 season. Injuries sucked for the Pack and defense needs improvement. I'm just glad the Broncos got exposed and the fortywhiners didn't go all the way :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.