Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Hello everyone. For years I've been using Quickboot to boot into my boot camp partition from osx. I recently put win 8.1 on my Retina MBP and now when I use the software I am greeted with a message saying I need insert boot disk so I fall back to the option key trick.

I would like to install win 8.1 on my MP but I'm using a gtx 670 that's not flashed and I don't want to run into any issue going from one system to the other.

Does anyone know of an alternative piece of software that would work for my situation?

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
Hello everyone. For years I've been using Quickboot to boot into my boot camp partition from osx. I recently put win 8.1 on my Retina MBP and now when I use the software I am greeted with a message saying I need insert boot disk so I fall back to the option key trick.

I would like to install win 8.1 on my MP but I'm using a gtx 670 that's not flashed and I don't want to run into any issue going from one system to the other.

Does anyone know of an alternative piece of software that would work for my situation?

Stating the obvious, what about changing the startup disc in OSX system preferences and similarly, using the boot camp assistant in Windows to boot back into OSX (assumes other OS is Windows)?

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
BootChamp is a free app that sits on the OSX top bar and lets you switch to your Windows partition on demand.

http://www.kainjow.com

Chuck him some cash for beer on PayPal if it is useful.

Thank you for the reply. Bootchamp gives me the same issue of not seeing a bootable disk. I did a little research and found that it's an issue with my bootcamp partition. Some people have had success by changing the the usb drive they install windows with. I might just reinstall windows and see if that fixes the issue...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.