Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngelasAshes

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2009
Framingham, Massachusetts
Title says it all, I've used the method to create an option for BootCamp to create a bootable USB. The USB had been created and holding the option key doesn't show the USB as an option. I've tried using the same USB on my friend's Macbook Pro (mid-2013) and the USB boot is possible on his machine. We're both running the same version of Mavericks. My ports work when OSX is booted just fine.

Does anyone know have any ideas on the matter? I haven't use these forums in over seven years and I'm the Supervisor of an IT department. I work with PC's and Mac's alike and have never had this issue. This is my personal MCP and I need a Win7 image to work with some unique PC-based programs. I am stuck and have been trying for weeks - any and all insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance

xcodeSyn

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
This has happened to many people with either MBP or iMac that came with a factory-installed SuperDrive. See the last post of this thread for example or this guide if you have no plan to replace your optical drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.