Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:51 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Again Rumored to Release iOS 7.1 in March

A new report from 9to5Mac claims iOS 7.1 will indeed be released to all iOS users in March, representing the first major revision since iOS 7 was launched publicly in September of last year.

Sources note the next version of iOS 7 will continue with the visual improvements, minor tweaks and bug fixes reported in earlier beta versions seeded to developers.
Quote:
While recent reports are pegging a launch sooner than later, reliable sources say that Apple is currently planning to ship iOS 7.1, the first significant update to iOS 7, in March. The iOS 7.1 update is said to not have any "secret features," and it will basically be what we have been told to expect by the past five betas: some user-interface tweaks in the Phone app, an improved Calendar app, speed improvements, and numerous bug-fixes.
BGR originally cited a March release date for iOS 7.1 back in late December, but a follow-up report earlier this week seemed to hedge on that claim somewhat by noting that the update was expected in the "coming weeks." Slowing increments of build numbers from the developer beta versions suggest the software is nearing a public launch, but whether that date lands in late February or the early March is not clear.

Previous iOS 7.1 betas have included various improvements such as a new "Button Shapes" option in Accessibility, keyboard tweaks that indicate shift and caps locks, a new event list view within the Calendar app and refined icons for the Phone, FaceTime, and Messages app. The unreleased iOS in the Car feature has also been refined in the iOS 7.1 beta testing period, but it is unclear when the functionality will be made available to the public.

Details on features in past beta releases can be found in our previous beta posts: Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, Beta 4 and Beta 5.

Article Link: Apple Again Rumored to Release iOS 7.1 in March
MacRumors is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:51 AM   #2
Serban
macrumors 68030

Oh yeaaah baby
Serban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:52 AM   #3
XboxMySocks
macrumors 68000

And fixing evasi0n :c
XboxMySocks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:52 AM   #4
Serban
macrumors 68030

a bugfree software will be a really revolutionary. I dont think there was something like that
Serban is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:53 AM   #5
Sky Blue

hmm, maybe an event in March? New Apple TV and iOS in the car demo?
Sky Blue is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:53 AM   #6
doelcm82
macrumors 6502a

If these rumors continue, it will be March before we know it.
doelcm82 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:55 AM   #7
proline
macrumors 6502

I love how even though nobody has a good track record of predicting minor iOS release dates, and all the BGR predictions that MacRumors loves have proven wrong so far (especially their Beta 3 predictions), MacRumors continues to publish these meaningless made-up stories. Shows how desperate people can get for clicks these days.

7.1 will be released when it is ready (based on beta 5, that won't be for at least a few more weeks).
proline is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:56 AM   #8
AustinIllini
macrumors Demi-God

iOS 7.0.3

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by proline View Post
I love how even though nobody has a good track record of predicting minor iOS release dates, and all the BGR predictions that MacRumors loves have proven wrong so far (especially their Beta 3 predictions), MacRumors continues to publish these meaningless made-up stories. Shows how desperate people can get for clicks these days.

7.1 will be released when it is ready (based on beta 5, that won't be for at least a few more weeks).
It's "Macrumors" not "MacFacts"
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:57 AM   #9
Curun
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
No no no. No more demos.

Real product launch!
Curun is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:59 AM   #10
33man
macrumors member

Release in March as it will contains a lot info about new products? Anyway, I'm not so in a hurry to have a caps lock looking different
33man is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:59 AM   #11
BeyondtheTech
macrumors 65816

Ugh, so it's at least four more weeks of Springboard resets, black screen issues, Safari crashes, and phantom emails. Yay.
BeyondtheTech is offline   16 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:01 AM   #12
Sky Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curun View Post
No no no. No more demos.

Real product launch!
well yes, i mean a "here's how it works and it's available this week" demo.
Sky Blue is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:01 AM   #13
J5TS0
macrumors newbie

Deleted

Last edited by J5TS0; Feb 15, 2014 at 07:48 AM. Reason: .
J5TS0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:02 AM   #14
cmChimera
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serban View Post
a bugfree software will be a really revolutionary. I dont think there was something like that
Has this joke not gotten old yet?
cmChimera is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:05 AM   #15
stooovie
macrumors regular

Basically, if you upgrade diligently (as Apple tells you), half of every year, you have suboptimal product (until bugs get fixed).
stooovie is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:05 AM   #16
numlock
macrumors 65816

just throwing it out there but is this rapid one year release cycle really the best one?

it seems it takes half a year after the release to get some of the major issues taken care of and then of course the day after the next os is released you might as well have a device from another company if you didnt upgrade.

to me it feels like they are chasing their tail.

its like you pay pretty high price for a device and get to be a beta tester for the 2-3 os-es it supports
numlock is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:06 AM   #17
stooovie
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by numlock View Post
just throwing it out there but is this rapid one year release cycle really the best one?

it seems it takes half a year after the release to get over some of the major issues taken care of and then of course the day after the next os is released you might as well have a device from another company if you didnt upgrade.

to me it feels like they are chasing their tail.

its like you pay pretty high price for a device and get to be a beta tester for the 2-3 os-es it supports
yes, exactly my feelings. And the old adage "no one forces you to update" is false - Apple actively forces you with software updates requiring the latest OS. FCPX 10.1 and iWork apps require Mavericks - if you collaborate with other people on latest versions, you HAVE to update.
stooovie is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:07 AM   #18
Nozuka
macrumors 6502

did they improve the music app? that's really the only thing i liked better in ios6

ios 7 version sucks if you got alot of albums from the same artist or to just repeat one album from an artist instead of all of them or randomly.
Nozuka is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:08 AM   #19
OneBagTravel
macrumors regular

Quote:

And here you are clicking...
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:08 AM   #20
white4s
macrumors 6502a

jailbreaked 7.0.4. > 7.1
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:09 AM   #21
Serban
macrumors 68030

Maybe an event in March, with Phill presenting us another "SNEAK PEAK" at what they are working at(just like in case of mac pro)
Serban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:13 AM   #22
smizzle
macrumors member

Still not crazy about a lot of the visual tweaks. Personally, I think they are a step backwards. Oh well... at least it should be more stable.
smizzle is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:17 AM   #23
ksnell
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue View Post
For some reason I just imagined them driving a car up on stage for the demo! Would be interesting to see them do a demo on non-Apple hardware. Talk about a lack of Apple control.
ksnell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:24 AM   #24
bbfc
macrumors 68000

Quote:

Well it's a rumour, and this is MacRUMOURS!
Old Feb 7, 2014, 10:32 AM   #25
ziggie216
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfc View Post
Well it's a rumour, and this is MacRUMOURS!
My source (my dog) barked that iOS 7.2 will be release in 2015.. just a rumor that I heard
ziggie216 is offline   4 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion