Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Isn't the game basically just the old Helicopter flash game with a reskin?

Else perhaps he has severe anxiety issues / personal things going on, and he doesn't want to deal with anything like this.

commander.data

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2006
So what is the problem? The game is too successful for him?

but he just released an update today, doesnt even make any sense ... is he trying to pull a "justin bieber"?
The update has probably been in review for several days and was just approved. He could have just decided to allow the release since all the work was already done.

d4rkc4sm

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2011
publicity stunt. make game "unavailable" to make it even more popular, then sell for higher profit. :cool:

-LikesMac-

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Could be due to personal reasons. :eek:

After all, it's not like he is getting so much attention that someone will recognize him on the street. :p

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
It's not a game that has any future, people will stop playing it in a few weeks, all mobile games are like that. I really don't get this guy anyway. A few days ago in an interview, he said he wouldn't update the app. He has now updated the app and 24 hours later says he will remove it completely. Why bother with the update then?

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
What is going on this dude is nuts. He now thinks he's a celebrity being followed by paps all day long? I don't see how removing the app will change anything. The fact that he is saying these weird things is what attracts the attention in the first place. All he needs to do is create a new email address, phone number and never look at his iPhone again.

Sometimes it's just better to keep your mouth shut, Dong. You're making a rich fool out of yourself.

Last edited:

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
Overnight success is one great problem to have.

true_story_neil_patrick_harris.png

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I don't understand how companies pay for advertising in a game like this.

The ads are on the screen for such a tiny amount of time, and you're so focused on what the bird is doing on the screen... WHO is clicking on the ads?

11HipMacMobile2

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2014
Really? you want to remove you app because you don't want to be "famous?" That seems a bit selfish. I mean, remove the app so no one else can enjoy it? its just a simple free game? how bad is it really?

Batman89

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010

The ads are on the screen for such a tiny amount of time, and you're so focused on what the bird is doing on the screen... WHO is clicking on the ads?

Those might actually be more effective ads. You're still seeing it from the corner of your eye; it's there in your brain. Think Fight Club.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008

I bet most of the clicks are accidental.

iSRS

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010

Those might actually be more effective ads. You're still seeing it from the corner of your eye; it's there in your brain. Think Fight Club.

Plus, the fact that the ads go from the top, to the bottom, and change mid gameplay, making you lose focus and crash.

No loss. Can't get more than 6, though saw people post they get in the 200s

Plus, there is this guy who shows you how to beat the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBLKQtO7qbE

HA!

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
I recreated the source code in a few hours but I haven't done anything with it yet. If he doesn't want the money I might just have to give it a shot :) ;-)

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN MONEY STARTS COMING IN THE MAIL YOU DON"T TAKE THE APP DOWN!!!!!!!!!! :mad: I LOVE FLAPPY BIRD!!!!!!!! Does anyone know if it will remain on my phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.