Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeekOnTour

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Hey guys,

got a huge problem here!
My AirDrop is not working correctly. I can receive files just fine, but for some random reason can't send any files. For testing purpose I created a new account with which I can receive files and send files just fine. Thus, it has to do with my personal setting files. Seems like something is blocking the outgoing connection.
Does any one of you know which files/permissions AirDrops needs? Or which files could be infected?

Cheers!

franmatt80

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2010
Have you checked your Sharing preferences? You need to have 'file sharing' checked, and then check that you have allowed access against the appropriate users.

GeekOnTour

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2011
Thanks for the replies.

I really like the idea behind AirDrop, since it's already build in the system without me having to install a third party application.

@franmatt80
I don't think that it has anything to do with my sharing preferences. But just in case I also tried that. A friend of mine turned off all the sharing options and his AirDrop is working just fine.

Weird.

nikhilgohil11

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2014
AirDrop working fine now

My MacMini AirDrop stop sending files but can able to recieve file from macbook pro.
I tried many things including relaunching finder on both side but NO LUCK.

After shutting down both macbook pro and mac mini and starting again solves everything.
Now i can send/recieve files from/to macbook pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.