Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 9, 2010
(This post is my method letting off steam)

I tried to collect data for a bug in iOS, in addition I installed profiles provided by apple to aid debugging. I collected logfiles with power logging, background refresh and so forth.

All I get are some boilerplate responses that they cannot really reproduce my problem and my data collected is not sufficient to identify the problem.

*At least they didn't just say "dupliacte bug id" *

The End.

If anyone cares. It's related to battery drain under iOS when "locationd" tries to update location information based on cellular network information (without WiFi).

I can cause locationd to run at 100% CPU, drain my battery and fill my phone with crash logs and baseband diagnostic messages.

I really tried hard to point out the problem, I tried to explain that I'm to provide data for a bug in THEIR components.

But no, they just don't react on issues related to their stuff. They jus tell you to double check App Code, etc.

They really should be a public bug reporter. They should be debug builds of iOS with symbol information for system frameworks.

The devforums are not useful either.

This is getting more and more annoying.

Sorry for this post, but I really really think that Apple stopped caring about small devs and only support the big guys.

Right now, I'm really pissed off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.