Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I have windows on a bootcamp partition on my Samsung SSD in the main bay and I have a 1TB Samsung HHD in the optical bay formatted to exFat.

when I boot off the bootcamp partition I see the Bootcamp partition, OSX partition and the 1TB Samsung in the optibay so in other words every works as it should

when I us Vmware Fusion 6, I made the virtual machine using the existing bootcamp partition, now when I am using that virtual machine and I go to windows explorer, I only see the bootcamp partition I can't either the HHD in the optical bay or the other partion on the SSD in the main bay

any advice to make vmware see the drive in the optical bay?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
on the subject, my bootcamp partition is practically empty so starting over would not take long, is there any advantage to using vmware to create a virtual disk and than install windows vs just using a bootcamp partition?

Nov 28, 2010
located
on the subject, my bootcamp partition is practically empty so starting over would not take long, is there any advantage to using vmware to create a virtual disk and than install windows vs just using a bootcamp partition?

It depends on what you do with your Windows VM.

Currently I am testing Parallels Desktop 9 for its capabilities to play some games, and wow, it works quite well with a bit older games, better than with VMWare Fusion, but I am also not that game hungry and need the latest games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.