Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MOGA has dropped the price of its Ace Power iOS 7 gaming controller to $80, down from $100. The controller was released back in November, the first of a number of iPhone-compatible game controllers that hit the market following the launch of iOS 7.

The MOGA controller includes a battery component that charges the iPhone to extend gameplay. There are a number of other similar controller devices on the market as well.

mogaacepower.jpg
We wanted to let you know that as of this morning, the price of MOGA ACE POWER has been lowered to $79.99 MSRP in Apple Stores and most other retailers. These past few months have seen a huge influx of great controller-enabled iOS games onto the App Store, and to-date, MOGAAnywhere.com has curated a list of more than 120 of these games that now work with the MOGA ACE POWER controller.
The MOGA Ace Power is available from MOGA's online store for $80. The Apple Online Store also has the controller available, but for the old $100 price.

Article Link: 'MOGA Ace Power' iOS 7 Game Controller Sees 20% Price Drop

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Shocker.

Bring them all down below $39 and we may have something worth talking about.

Kenrik

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2004
Shocker.

Bring them all down below $39 and we may have something worth talking about.

$20 - $49 Max

at $80 - $100 the PSP Vita starts looking like a much better value @$199 with actual quality games behind it.

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
I really want one of these but I'm just not prepared to cough up that amount of money.

outphase

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
I'm hesitant to get this or the Logitech controller because both seem designed around the current form factor of the iPhone. If the next iPhone is the rumored 4.3"+ size, the expensive controllers won't fit anymore.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
$20 - $49 Max

at $80 - $100 the PSP Vita starts looking like a much better value @$199 with actual quality games behind it.

not. new Sony controllers cost more than that, and that's w/ the massive economy of scale and first-party status they enjoy.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
$20 - $49 Max

Spend $100 more to get a Vita and you'll only have to carry around two devices to play a game. ;-)

Though I think the $100 price tag is a bit steep, I can't imagine this market will demand quantities that will drive prices down significantly to see the prices you want. If they hit $20, I'd worry about the MFi programme as a whole as that price is perfect for a fire sale.

We have to remember this is an accessory that isn't required to play games on iOS devices, the majority of people who will buy it are serious about playing iOS games and are gamers who really see the value in a controller - I don't see this having mass market appeal (which would perhaps support a $20 price tag).

Still 20% - it's a nice start, now let's see a bit more, I expect when a few more manufacturers enter the market with offerings we'll see lower prices, can't wait!

cecildaniel2003

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2014
Whats the game been shown in the add ?

Hey does anyone know what game is that in the picture with the kart ?. Looks really cool !!... :confused:

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
Do Unity games support this yet?

The Unity framework supports the new MFi controller (since October) - not sure how that relates to games that use the Unity framework, whether they've compiled the support in to their games or not yet. A list of games that support the standard is being maintained by Touch Arcade (here).

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
not. new Sony controllers cost more than that, and that's w/ the massive economy of scale and first-party status they enjoy.

The Vita is not a controller, it's a full handheld console w/ an OLED or LCD screen (think of the Vita like a Gameboy or DS ;)

The controllers for the playstation 4 (which is the brand new playstation) costs ($59.99).

----------

Spend $100 more to get a Vita and you'll only have to carry around two devices to play a game. ;-)

lol, you still have to carry 2 devices anyways, the iPhone and the controller since having them together as one won't fit into any pocket. Especially cumbersome when answering calls.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
lol, you still have to carry 2 devices anyways, the iPhone and the controller since having them together as one won't fit into any pocket. Especially cumbersome when answering calls.

Not if you fit the controller around your iPhone and keep it that way - imagine, everyone starts pulling iPhones out of their pockets with controllers attached already, and then holding them up to their ears for phone calls. It couldn't look any weirder than people holding those phablets up to their ears and speaking into them, could it?<haha!>

MacMikePro

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
Orlando, FL
Unfortunately Apple is the reason all these controllers are so expensive, so I'm hoping they relax with them so that the prices can significantly drop, as well I want a controller that works like this one, where it charges and works with my iPhone, as well it can work by itself with an iPad (and hopefully the Apple TV once it gets an App Store) over bluetooth, that would be the perfect controller, one controller that can handle mobile gaming and console-like gaming for all your Apple devices, hell even throw in Mac support as well and it would be a winner, well as long as it's still comfortable and has all the buttons that you would expect, Apple should just make this controller themselves, I would def pay $80 for that

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Not if you fit the controller around your iPhone and keep it that way - imagine, everyone starts pulling iPhones out of their pockets with controllers attached already, and then holding them up to their ears for phone calls. It couldn't look any weirder than people holding those phablets up to their ears and speaking into them, could it?<haha!>

double-lynx-sidetalking.jpg

sidetalkin.jpg

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
neh... with controllers for all tweak..you can use your ps3 controller to play..and airplay it...hahah

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.