Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJ911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2014
Hey all. I still have flappy bird installed on my iPhone, but it crashes every time my run is complete and my score is not recorded. I put my phone into airplane mode to see if it would still crash if there was no internet access. When in airplane mode, the app performed like it did before it was taken off the app store.

My question is, are there any cydia apps/tweaks to block a certain app from accessing the internet? I'd like to play flappy bird without crashing.

Thanks in advance :)

HasoMujo

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2013
Hi all,

Hey all. I still have flappy bird installed on my iPhone, but it crashes every time my run is complete and my score is not recorded. I put my phone into airplane mode to see if it would still crash if there was no internet access. When in airplane mode, the app performed like it did before it was taken off the app store.

My question is, are there any cydia apps/tweaks to block a certain app from accessing the internet? I'd like to play flappy bird without crashing.

The app is "Firewall IP7" ;)

lukejc1

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Try force closing Flappy Bird and hard rebooting your phone. That same thing happened to me when I first installed it but it fixed itself. I'm not sure internet connection has anything to do with it. If all else fails delete the game and reinstall it.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
This happened the first time I installed it. Force close it and reboot to get it to work

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
The app is "Firewall IP7" ;)

While I would agree with you, it seems like Firewall IP7 isn't always the answer. While it does block the connections it does just that...blocks the connection. It doesn't 'stop' them like airplane mode would. If airplane mode is on, then the app doesn't try to constantly connect, by using the firewall it just blocks it from connecting. Obviously this depends on how the app is coded, if after a certain amount of failed connections it gets the hint and stops trying to connect then fine...but from my experience some don't.

TL;DR Flex 2 or something similar may also be able to patch an app to make the app think airplane mode is on.

cchunk

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2012

the creator said it had something to do with gamecenter. i tried restarting my phone when this problem happened to me. what i did to fix it was go into game center and sign out. kill flappy bird then play it and die. go back into game center and sign in and it should work after that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.