Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
And to think, one phone started it all.

If you owned one in 2007, you just knew you were holding a piece of history.

Was at a friend of a friend's party right after it launched. At that time, I only had a cheap Razor. Some girl across from me had one, and she was showing it to everyone. I held it, touched it, and I instantly needed one, and got one the next day. I mean it was that easy for Apple to sell me on it. I just touched it.

Then when the iPad came out, I was really against it, thought what good could this thing do... a big iPhone. Wasn't interested. Went to a Best Buy, held one, used it for 5 min, then bought it.

But yeah, I knew this was the future of phones, much like anyone else with half a brain.

EDIT: "I held it, touched it, and I instantly needed one, and got one the next day." I'm referring to the phone of course, not the girl sitting across from me. Just a clarification :)

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
Just adding a pointless post to express my hatred of Whole Fascists - food shouldn't look like propaganda. Looking at it, you'd never guess it come from messy, muddy, varied nature. Also, the prepared-foods are utterly overrated and surprisingly dire.
giphy.gif

MarcKerr

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
Indiana
Whole Foods is like a religion in Austin. It's miserable. Hopefully this helps.

HA! I can one up that. I live in a community that would throw up picket lines to prevent the "evil chain store" from getting a building permit. Besides that the local CoOp partitioners just wouldn't go to a Whole Foods, it would be against their religion.:rolleyes:

eyehop

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2005
Just adding a pointless post to express my hatred of Whole Fascists - food shouldn't look like propaganda. Looking at it, you'd never guess it come from messy, muddy, varied nature. Also, the prepared-foods are utterly overrated and surprisingly dire.

Just adding a pointed post, to express how all the consumerist sheep, staring at their screens, disconnected from life, waiting in line in a market run on a libertarian fantasy of faux freedom and faux wholeness will just look so silly and ironic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.