Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Wow looks great.

Looks like a wider Ipod touch and as slim as the Ipod touch.

I was unsure about a larger screen but if it looks that good and like the Ipad air and Ipod touch 5 I'm sold on it.

I'd still go with then smaller 4.7" inch over any larger version though.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
The back enclosure looks like metal ?
This could be for an ipod touch perhaps.

afsnyder

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Somehow it looks legit but it looks like it could go on mass production tomorrow and I was expecting this phone to launch in September, it can't be an iPod either, no point in having a huge screen like that for an iPod, so ... I'm really confused right now. :confused:

Why no point for an iPod having a huge screen?

Matt8045

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
The top looks too much like a galaxy and it seems like there's still some bezel on the sides. Wonder if legit

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I was thinking the exact same thing. The first item I looked for were antenna windows, though this assumes that the parts are metal and not plastic.

I think this is a next-generation iPod touch.

But why does it say iPhone on the back? Unless these are doctored photos?

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
Blurry, like photos of UFOs and bigfoot or conspiracy theory "proof".

The ring around the finger sensor...looks kind of thick and nasty, not elegant thin like the present one.

But, it looks real and if it isn't it probably is pretty close.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
The back enclosure looks like metal ?
This could be for an ipod touch perhaps.

Ipod touch would prob get this update too. One could say this is an ipod touch and the Iphone will remain as thick as it is today but the rumours suggest any larger screen size will see the Iphone get slimmer. Iphone 5 was slimmer than Iphone 4 that's how Apple does things. :apple::cool:

iBamaBoy147

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2014
Whoa, Bezel-less is starting to look better now that in previous posts. Though, It wouldn't be "far fetched" for Apple to incorporate their slim body design from the iPads to the iPhone to make it slimmer since that what happened with the iPad Air. Im curious as to see how the space gray backing would look like with this design (if its not fake :D)

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
It's called a "controlled leak". Mobile World Congress, where Samsung is expected to announce the S5 is in two weeks.

I reckon they like to leak things to give us a taster of what to expect and build excitement as the year goes on.

----------

I was thinking it kinda looked like a Galaxy, but more refined.

It looks like that but in a way it looks miles better.

ray6712

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
StL
if it's not windows for data transmission the casing they use must be liquid metal. or they're using the screen as the main window

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Being that the back looks like the current iPads/iPod Touches, seems legit...ish. The iPhone is due for a "all new design" right? That's if we follow the history, aka iPhone 4.

Yes but the Ipod touch range has never looked much like the Iphone range. This could be about to change offcourse.

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
The logo placement feels a bit weird, but otherwise I like the look.

Though I don't know how they can do solid aluminum, maybe they have more sections on the antenna band? Or maybe it isn't aluminum...

Toby777

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2013
awww... if that's the case, it would mean that the iPhone would not be able to stand on its own upright anymore :(

which kinda sux for when you want to take selfies on a timer :p

wlad

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2014
London
Why no point for an iPod having a huge screen?

I don't know, it just doesn't make sense. Why would you make such a large iPod, most people run with their iPods tied to their arms ... that size doesn't seem very comfy for it's purpose.

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
Love it! The only problem will be 4.7 or 5.5? Can't wait!

So true! Then I can stop salivating over those nice big screens from samsung. Both will be better than the 4 inch screen. Too bad they didn't give consumers the choice a year ago. Reminds me of the one button mouse debauchery.

Didn't Timmy Say "We put a lot of thought into screen size and feel confident we picked the right one" regarding sticking with the 4 inch screen during the 1 quarter call in 2013? anyone remember that....

The Market will show this was a mistake.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.