Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Fuse Chicken, the company behind the multi-function Une Bobine iPhone stand, today launched a new product on crowd-funding site Indiegogo. Called the TogoDock, Fuse Chicken's newest iPhone accessory combines a magnet-laden mount with an integrated charging cable, allowing users to turn any surface into a dedicated charging station.

The TogoDock can be mounted on any surface, from a wall to a car dash to a refrigerator. A built-in cable connects to the Lightning port of an iPhone on one end while the USB end can plug into a computer, a charger, or a car port.

togoDock-Car.jpg
"Our goal is to make everyday interaction with technology simple," said Jon Fawcett, CEO of Fuse Chicken. "Our newest device lets you mount and charge your iPhone anywhere - in the car as a GPS, in the kitchen to follow recipes, next to the bed as an alarm clock; togoDock is simple, cool and useful, and it fits right into your pocket."
The TogoDock can be mounted directly onto a magnetic surface using its embedded magnets, but may also stick to non-magnetic surfaces with an included self-adhesive disc mount. The product includes a built-in backstop for support along with a cable cord wrap and a car adapter.

togoDock-Fridge.jpg
Customers can purchase a TogoDock with a $30 pledge on Indiegogo and the first 200 backers will also receive a 3D printed PLUGdock designed to convert a standard iPhone charging cord into an outlet-mounted dock.

Article Link: Versatile TogoDock Turns Any Surface Into Portable iPhone Dock and Charger

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
Just be shure your Pilot is not using during duty on the aircraft. Also the Skipper of your local Ferry shouldn't use these.

BreuerEditor

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
New Jersey
Did anyone else read this as "Toe-Go-Dock"? It seems they should've capitalized the G to make it sound like to-go like: "ToGoDock"...

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
No landscape orientation is a deal breaker for me. Besides, I just made a mount that fits in my cd drive. It's not as elegant, but it works great.

toby00001

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
That's a lot of stress on the connector.

The Lightning connector is designed to handle this kind of stress. This kind of design is not atypical for the recent generation of iPhone docks - Belkin's designs put the connector under the same stress.

At any rate, the connector is part of the dock, not the phone, so if it does break, it's not the end of the world.

swarmster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2004
I am sure they realized that and built it so it can withstand that stress.

Are you? Nothing against these Fuse Chicken people, but all kickstarter/indiegogo projects are deserving of questioning, I think.

And given that the product incorporates a 'backstop', it would seem that if they did do some analysis, they decided a backstop was necessary for stress relief. In which case this product may be iPhone 5/5C only (potentially not compatible with a thinner iPhone 6).

leftynaut

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2009
10 for $250 @ 25% off
50 for $1250 @ 30% off

Hmmm. Not too sure I trust a company who can't do basic math.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
would not touch this if given one. That design puts an extraordinary amount of stress on the connector as well as being highly non secure when in a vehicle. the only thing holding your phone being a slide on connector.

and if the thing breaks not only will your phone be propelled across the car most likely destroyed by the time you can stop to rescue it you will also have a piece of broken connector possibly wedged in the device and apple will be under no obligation to help you in the slightest as you decided to use an unofficial charging device and through misuse damaged your phone.

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
No landscape orientation is a deal breaker for me. Besides, I just made a mount that fits in my cd drive. It's not as elegant, but it works great.

Me too. I mainly use mine as a speedometer since the light burned out in my display panel and I can't see my speed at night.:p

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Are you? Nothing against these Fuse Chicken people, but all kickstarter/indiegogo projects are deserving of questioning, I think.

And given that the product incorporates a 'backstop', it would seem that if they did do some analysis, they decided a backstop was necessary for stress relief. In which case this product may be iPhone 5/5C only (potentially not compatible with a thinner iPhone 6).

You proved my point for me :)

No doubt, 99% it won't be compatible with the future iPhone but you can't blame that on them. Or expect any company to take a stab in the dark as to what the next iPhone is going to look like 6-7 month ahead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.