Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmbientChaos

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
After a few mishaps, I'm very paranoid about filesystems. If I can use a Mac to perform file operations on HFS volumes (and Windows on NTFS) I would, rather than MacDrive or Paragon/alternatives.

So basically my question is, are Apple's HFS+ drivers that are installed as part of Boot Camp, good? Any problems with data integrity with them?

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
So basically my question is, are Apple's HFS+ drivers that are installed as part of Boot Camp, good? Any problems with data integrity with them?

Apple's drivers only allow for read access from an HFS formatted partition. You'd still need 3rd-party software for writes.

Is there something preventing you from using exFAT to allow for read and write support from bother operating systems?

IA64

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2013
After a few mishaps, I'm very paranoid about filesystems. If I can use a Mac to perform file operations on HFS volumes (and Windows on NTFS) I would, rather than MacDrive or Paragon/alternatives.

I don't find Apple HFS drivers good at all.

I had to install MacDrive to enjoy full support of HFS+ and delete both Apple services from CMD

in CMD : sc delete applemnt | sc delete applehfs ( services deletion )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.