Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a2k

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2011
Has anyone managed to install 7.1 beta 3 using the date hack posted somewhere in the forum after the expiry date? Is Apple still signing?

russ472

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2014
i was on 7.1b3 and had an issue that forced me to restore this morning. I hoped it would work, but didnt. would not activate via wi-fi or through itunes. was forced back to 7.04 unless i find a work around.

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Pretty sure it has to be activated before you can jailbreak. You have to jailbreak before you have root access. You have to download OpenSSH before you can ssh to make the necessary .plist changes. I'd say you're probably out of luck.

nguyen6323

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2014
you need to restore to 7.0.4 first and restore the backup if you made one. Then after setting the time manually on your phone and computer, you use the update button in itunes (alt+select file) to update to 7.1b3. jailbreak and spoof before setting the times back to normal

russ472

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2014
no workie

tried again. cant jailbreak until phone is activated. reset macbook and phone date before restore to 1/15. when itunes comes up, says software is out of date. trying to activate phone using wi-fi, says apple activation server is temporarily unavailable. same thing happened yesterday.

nguyen6323

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2014
tried again. cant jailbreak until phone is activated. reset macbook and phone date before restore to 1/15. when itunes comes up, says software is out of date. trying to activate phone using wi-fi, says apple activation server is temporarily unavailable. same thing happened yesterday.

make sure 7.0.4 is activated before updating to 7.1b3

russ472

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2014
make sure 7.0.4 is activated before updating to 7.1b3

i did both times. still didnt work

----------

i did notice both times, after activation, the date and clock went to the correct time and the setting was switched back to auto set.

I believe the activation server uses its own date/time when activating.

nguyen6323

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2014
i did both times. still didnt work

----------

i did notice both times, after activation, the date and clock went to the correct time and the setting was switched back to auto set.

I believe the activation server uses its own date/time when activating.

try with 7.1b2. and unplug the phone while its restarting

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.