Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2009
London, UK
I switched from the 3rd Generation iPad, which used the 30 pin dock connector, to the iPad mini with retina display, which of course uses a lightning connector.

I always used the iPad dock, as having a permanent place where my iPad could rest was a huge benefit to me, as I have always been careless, meaning that I quite often have no idea where I have put my iPad, unless I dock it in the same place after use.

I am a big fan of the Elevation Dock (with the addition of the nanosuction base pad) for my iPhone 5S, and since Apple has deemed not to make an iPad dock with lightning, mores the pity, I was wondering if any of you have good suggestions for attractive iPad mini docks.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
check out everdock, looks just like the elevation labs dock but works with ipads and micro usb devices also. can get as a single or double.

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 3, 2009
London, UK
I like the Satechi iFit-3BT Bluetooth Portable Rechargeable Speaker Stand, it can fit for iPad or iPhone, small, potable and have a good sound as well.

Thank you, but I am not looking for something which can provide power to the iPad, is permanently in one place and does not have a speaker system - I have a Bowers and Wilkins A7 speaker unit which is plentiful for that requirement.

check out everdock, looks just like the elevation labs dock but works with ipads and micro usb devices also. can get as a single or double.

I had seen this one online, and reviews have been mixed, lots of mention that due to the universal nature of the design, compromises have naturally had to have been made, which mean it isn't quite as slick as it could be, or as solid a unit as the elevation dock. Thank you for the advice though.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Thank you, but I am not looking for something which can provide power to the iPad, is permanently in one place and does not have a speaker system - I have a Bowers and Wilkins A7 speaker unit which is plentiful for that requirement.

I had seen this one online, and reviews have been mixed, lots of mention that due to the universal nature of the design, compromises have naturally had to have been made, which mean it isn't quite as slick as it could be, or as solid a unit as the elevation dock. Thank you for the advice though.

I have the everdock. Do you use a case for your iPad mini. It works great with no case using my iPad Air.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
Same as above poster. I use he Hi Rise as well and works well for both mini and iphone. It looks really good next to an iMac as well.

czecho7

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
Same here, I also have the HiRise. Just got it a few weeks ago and I couldn't be happier!

We have 6 iOS devices in the house: 3 iPhones, 3 iPad minis. Two of the iPhones have two different cases, one doesn't have a case, and two of the iPad minis use Smart Covers, the other uses a Smart Case.

The HiRise allows them all to sit on the dock securely even though the cases, or lack of a case, cause them all have varying heights and depths.

And it looks great, especially next to our iMac. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.