Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mayari

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
iBook G3 clamshell (Blueberry) - bought off ebay sometime in 2012 as a fun upgrade/low end gaming project. Also because it's a cool laptop that I've wanted for a long time!

PowerBook G4 12" - also bought off ebay around the same time to serve as my backup computer. It still works well, although now I mostly use it for emulators and extra storage (It's practically a giant ~120 GB external HDD!)

Graeme43

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2006
Great Britain (Glasgow)
I bought myself from Apple at the time:
iBook G4 1.2 - sold
PowerMac G5 dual 1.8 - sold
PowerBook G4 1.67 - dad has it

Ones I still own:
iBook G3 500
Titanium Powerbook G4 500

Both acquired from my dad :D guess technically, they are still his

SmurfBoxMasta

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I'm only really here at night.
B&W G3/350- bought it new from the apple store....later upgraded it to a G4/450...

Sawtooth G4- Ebay

QuickSilver G4/800- got it here, later upgraded it to a 1.6GHZ...

MDD #1- Ebay

MDD #2- Craigslist local

PM G5- (H)ard forums....

ALL great machines, had some wonderful times with them, and learned alot about tinkering/upgrading etc...

OP: Good luck with yours :)

Shift Option K

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
eMac (latest models): Got 3 free out of a school as trash. 2 were thrown out, one remains in service as the computer I use to manage an old AirPort Extreme (round model).
iMac G3 1999 Fruit Color Models: Got 2 (tangerine and starwberry) from teachers at the same school I got the eMacs from. They didn't know me, they bought the macs themselves, but they were going to get rid of them and someone redirected them from the dump to me. Both do not work properly. Both have 320MB RAM upgrades. Will reinstall OS 9 (they had OS X cheetah) and probably leave them at steve jobs house
iBook G3 Tangerine ClamShell: Got for $40 on Craigslist all broken and advertised as a parts maching but it worked, had some dirty pics on it but no "yogurt" stains on it. Will probably throw out or put it at Steve Jobs grave once I wipe the hard drive.
Finally, iMac G5: Got it for free from this guy while I was in Canada (I was for a while) because of a blue color screen problem (idk how to describe it, but you can see pics/videos on my instagram @shift_option_k)

Member2010

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2013
heh

eMac (latest models): Got 3 free out of a school as trash. 2 were thrown out, one remains in service as the computer I use to manage an old AirPort Extreme (round model).
iMac G3 1999 Fruit Color Models: Got 2 (tangerine and starwberry) from teachers at the same school I got the eMacs from. They didn't know me, they bought the macs themselves, but they were going to get rid of them and someone redirected them from the dump to me. Both do not work properly. Both have 320MB RAM upgrades. Will reinstall OS 9 (they had OS X cheetah) and probably leave them at steve jobs house
iBook G3 Tangerine ClamShell: Got for $40 on Craigslist all broken and advertised as a parts maching but it worked, had some dirty pics on it but no "yogurt" stains on it. Will probably throw out or put it at Steve Jobs grave once I wipe the hard drive.
Finally, iMac G5: Got it for free from this guy while I was in Canada (I was for a while) because of a blue color screen problem (idk how to describe it, but you can see pics/videos on my instagram @shift_option_k)

Buying used computers with current or past "yogurt" stains are the worst, Lol :D.

::

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
First one I found someone dumped Macintosh Performa 630CD but the keyboard is missing so I kept until I was forced to move out, left it there then few years later I decided to buy a PowerBook G4 from someone who is moving to other state and I love it but it doesn't do for my needs so I signed up with eBay just to play with it and I accidentally clicked bid button and wow I won a 2007 MBP I wasn't ready I just want to play with bidding war. (I learned my lesson not to play with it) and love it very much and add SSD then few months later my school gave me 2012 rMBP so 2007 MBP was sold on eBay. :apple:

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
iMac G4. First Mac I bought. My first ever computer of my own. Still going strong to this day.

tom vilsack

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
ladner cdn
Ive had so many over the years Ive lost count...but got them all from either craigslist,given a few from neighbours,and once a year our whole area has a day when you can basically throw out old junk and the garbage collectors/recyclers come around and take it away [besides old macs I get lots of old pc's on this day...It's my second xmas :) ]

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
I borrow this thread.

I have been offered last 15" PowerBook G4 for 100USD including shipping, battery is dead, 1 gig of RAM (cheap to expand, DDR2) and no info about hard disk?

Is this a good offer, to buy or not to buy?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.