Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSkyPirate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
I just bought a used 2010 15" Macbook pro, and I'm having some issues getting my bootcamp to move over.

I wanted to keep using the old hard drive, so when I bought the computer I just popped it in the new computer, hoping it would run and all would be well. Unfortunately, not everything works on my bootcamp partition.

I can locate my trackpad and the two network cards in the "Add a new device" thing in control panel, but it fails to add them because apparently the drivers aren't installed. I tried to put my old 10.5 install disc in and reinstall drivers (that's how I set up this boot camp originally), but it didn't do anything. I can't seem to find the drivers I need online.

But wait, there's more: I'm using Mavericks now (I checked, and right now my boot camp version is 5.1.0), so I can't re-setup my XP partition. I'm a broke college student so I don't want to buy windows 7/8, and I need windows for certain engineering programs (my major). Is there any solution here?

Anyone know where I can find the drivers for my airport card and trackpad?

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Let me get this straight. You already had a Mac with a BootCamp partition working, then bought another Mac.

On this 'new' Mac you physically removed the drive it brought and replaced it with your old hard drive. Now you expect boot camp to work as if nothing happened?

Am I understanding that right? Correct me if not.

VI™

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2010
Shepherdsturd, WV
Is there any solution here?

Anyone know where I can find the drivers for my airport card and trackpad?

Boot in to OS X and pull up the hardware list. Write down the info on the hardware that's not working on the Windows side and download windows drivers for it. Then boot in to windows and install the drivers. Done.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Moving Windows XP to another computer even onto another type of a PC is a nightmare, only vista onwards is it really not difficult to do.

You could try downloading the older bootcamp installers that support XP, 4.0.4033 I think was the last and extract all the compressed exe files using 7-zip and letting the windows driver wizard search for them.

As another poster has already suggested you will probably better off getting a student copy of 7. XP dies in April anyway.

Last edited:

Dylan11

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2014
Not sure what happened to this person's network connectivity...however I have the same issue.

Already have all of the drivers equipped with 4.0.4033 however Windows 7 keeps giving error message that no drivers are installed for network/internet.

All the other drivers are good to go for graphics, etc...but the network/internet adapters got me stumped.

Any idea where to find network/internet drivers??? Bootcamp supplied drivers don't work. Got nothing, nada dead connection showing in Windows.

Moving Windows XP to another computer even onto another type of a PC is a nightmare, only vista onwards is it really not difficult to do.

You could try downloading the older bootcamp installers that support XP, 4.0.4033 I think was the last and extract all the compressed exe files using 7-zip and letting the windows driver wizard search for them.

As another poster has already suggested you will probably better off getting a student copy of 7. XP dies in April anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.