Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RandomHavoc

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Okay, so the problem is on my wife's iPhone 4. When I went into "iCloud" in her settings I saw that "find my iPhone" was turned off. When I go to turn it back on it says: "enabling find my iphone will turn off find my iphone for icloud"

What the #$*#?

Any ideas why it says that? If it matters, I have an iphone 5 that I use, and we use the same Apple ID for our apps so that we share them. Could that be causing some kind of interference? Thanks.

P.s. I just checked on icloud.com and I can still locate her iphone 4 on there, and activate sounds etc. So findmyiphone seems to be working fine, and yet it shows "off" in her settings.... any ideas/explanations?

Andrew Graham

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Texas
I have a weird prob too, mate. The app keeps senting me notifications that somebody is accessing my phone. It happened twice during the week I got the mail from the application, too. I am the only one that knows the codes. I think there's a bug in the app. That happened when I updated to 6.0.1. so I think they 'll fix it cause it was very annoying.

JVlasy

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2012
"Reinstall"

Did you tried to delete the app and download it again from App Store?

Adam Brown

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Same here

So I'm not the only one who had this problem. That's good cause I accused

my gf of stealing my username and pass. I had plenty of notifications from

the app that sby is watching my phone last weekend, thatn drove me nuts. I

thought it was a prob with app, so you can confirm that too. I changed my

codes and its allright now.

FotoDirk

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
Find my phone

You can have multiple apple-ids linked with your device.

One apple-id is your master-id for the device. I suggest that you use a different one for your phone and your wife's. Each having an own apple-id, means that you also both have an independent share in iCloud for backup, contacts, photo-stream ...

Find-my-phone is linked to the master apple-id. Although it must be possible to link multiple devices with the same apple-id. I use mine for an iMAC, iPhone and iPAD and they don't seem to interfere with each other. So using the same one for 2 iPhones should work. But for the extra diskspace in the cloud I propose to decouple these apple-ids per person in the household.

When installing apps on your wife's phone, you can use without problem your own apple-id. So you can still share your apps and other stuff you bought in the stores.

Mark Datton

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
Just change the username and the password and the problem will be fixed. This worked for me. I contacted Apple and said they will fix the problem with the notifications and the mail the app is sending to us. Thats because of a conflict between the iCloud username and password and those of the iTunes.:confused::confused::confused:

agd123

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2014
Find my phone function not working

The info/ads on the apple sites clearly state that iphone 5 with the correct aps (which it has, installed in the shop), will enable a lost phone's location to be displayed. It says that if the phone is active its location will be shown, & if it is not IT WILL DISPLAY ITS LAST ACTIVE LOCATION.

Needless to say the phone is lost & we immediately notified the apple shop for help in finding it via that function (as well as advising police). Apple told us that the phone can not be located if it turned off & would/could not answer the question why not when it clearly states in their info that it will. This seems a very clear breach of the false advertising legislation. Anyone know what is really going on?

Regards

agd123

wrong move

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2014
I do have problem also regarding "find my Iphone"

My mobile hang up on apple logo while opening then I tried some tips on how to open it, when the time I sync it on Itunes. It requires my apple id and my password to activate again the Phone, but when I entered my only one Apple ID and password, apple Id not accepted :(

can anyone help me with my problem?

I bought my Iphone 5 brand new last year May

pleaseeee help me :'(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.