Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamr7

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2014
I have the S4. I love the screen and how light/thin the phone is. Of course the materials probably don't appear as high quality as the Maxx.

I think the camera on the S4 is good (not in low light though) I think this is a con on the Maxx.

As others have mentioned TouchWiz sucks. It just doesn't add a lot of value considering the power it takes to run the phone. It is inefficient and takes up most storage on the S4. I often get an error when using Spotify or Google Music which is annoying.

I haven't used the Msxx do I can't say which is better. It depends on what is important to you.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 25, 2013
I have the S4. I love the screen and how light/thin the phone is. Of course the materials probably don't appear as high quality as the Maxx.

I think the camera on the S4 is good (not in low light though) I think this is a con on the Maxx.

As others have mentioned TouchWiz sucks. It just doesn't add a lot of value considering the power it takes to run the phone. It is inefficient and takes up most storage on the S4. I often get an error when using Spotify or Google Music which is annoying.

I haven't used the Msxx do I can't say which is better. It depends on what is important to you.
Up until last night I thought I could deal with the mediocre camera on the Droid Maxx but I really can't. It's terrible. I'm actually pulling a 180 and going back to iPhone. My wife and I were at a concert last night and her 5C was taking some great shots while my Maxx was struggling to take even so-so shots. The camera on the S4 while is an improvement over the Maxx still takes too long to take decent pics.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Up until last night I thought I could deal with the mediocre camera on the Droid Maxx but I really can't. It's terrible. I'm actually pulling a 180 and going back to iPhone. My wife and I were at a concert last night and her 5C was taking some great shots while my Maxx was struggling to take even so-so shots. The camera on the S4 while is an improvement over the Maxx still takes too long to take decent pics.

If you're still within your 14 days, give the S4 a whirl before going back to the iPhone. You need to fiddle with the settings menu on the S4 but once you do it turns into a great shooter. Not as good as the iPhone 5s but close enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.