Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zaban3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
Just bought this case at Best Buy for New IPad. It is same as the book jacket select but it rotates so can be in both landscape and portrait. I looked at the incase website and it is not even shown there yet. It's expensive, but nice. The magnetic on and sleep functions work well. For those with an IPad 2 TJ Maxx just got in many Targus cases for cheap. I got a the one that swivels for $20.00 for work.

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
stopped by the local Best Buy today and saw the book jacket revolution

here's some pics

the packaging, one of those easy to take out ones:
2a7tzd2.jpg

the back, as you can see where the rotating hinge is at
e8ocxd.jpg

this is where the hinge is that allows it to rotate
14b4gj.jpg

"book" mode is a little bit awkward as you can't bend it flat. its useable, just great
14vqpaf.jpg

landscape mode, it uses rubber stoppers glued on to the inside cover to maintain its angle
vfjqqc.jpg

portrait mode
2ur36g6.jpg

some initial impressions:
cover felt really thin and kinda cheap. faux leather covering. its probably alot lighter than say the Devicewear Detour or the Targus equivelant, but also feels less sturdy.
I don't know if the magnets work as I didn't buy it.

Zaban3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
It is actually 69.99. I have been using it for a day and think I may return it. The cover feels flimsy and might not hold up well.I like the Versavue better but have read that the magnetic closure does not work well. Any other suggestions for similar cases are welcome.

ElDogman

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2008
It is actually 69.99. I have been using it for a day and think I may return it. The cover feels flimsy and might not hold up well.I like the Versavue better but have read that the magnetic closure does not work well. Any other suggestions for similar cases are welcome.

other rotating folios

devicewear Detour 360

the Joyfactory Folio 360 III (or something like that)

or if you're willing to import from amazon Japan, there's this iBuffalo model
http://www.amazon.co.jp/iBUFFALO-iPad-2012年発売モデル-フラップがスタンドにも変身可能】回転レザーケース-BSIPD12RLBK/dp/B007IFNWSC

MykullMyerz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
Washington, D.C.

Yea, I bought this case a couple days ago from Best Buy because I had the previous InCase Book Jacket for my iPad 2, and it has held up really well over the duration of it's use. So, I figured I'd ugrade because I wanted a case that provided a better fit for my new iPad. However, like you, I'm thinking the Revolution may not be so durable. I don't expect too much from faux leather but the faux leather of the previous InCase Book Jacket feels to be much higher quality. I'm quite suprised at InCase as I'm used to better from them. So, I think I may just return this and find a case where the price is far more proportional to the quality of the product.

mgs6876

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2011
Detroit
Magnets

I just exchanged for my second of this case and I am still having trouble with the screen locking magnet. It doesn't always turn the screen off unless you let the cover fall with some momentum. If you just gently close it, it will often not turn the screen off. Am I having bad luck or is this a common problem?

dkelban

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2014
The magnetic sleep/wake problem is a design flaw.

It is not just your case. If you go to Amazon, you will see many complaints. I wrote to the company about this. I suggest saving your money and getting the one without the sleep/wake function, unless you really need the swivel ability.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.