Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhonemaster5S

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Colorado
I know this thread is old but as the concept said iPhone 6 this does look like it might be possible, especially if they want a larger screen.

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013
From the leaks we have seen I am not too impressed with the looks of it. I hate to say but this is the first time I am actually thinking Samsung might win me. I found some renderings of the "iPhone 6" which if the iPhone 5 looked like this i'm pretty sure apple would destroy the s3. Here is the link http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/07/26/forget-iphone-5-its-time-for-iphone-6/ let me know what you guys think of it.

That looks horrible, apple would never make the mistake and make the iPhone that ugly.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
That looks horrible, apple would never make the mistake and make the iPhone that ugly.

Yeah I agree I was looking at it and my eyes started burning.

----------

What makes it look so bad, almost everyone who has posted here has liked it.

I guess the people who didn't like it just didn't post. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say any thing at all. Oops I didn't do that.

Nieval

Suspended
Mar 13, 2008
the apple logo on the front would never happen. Far too garish for apple. The home button on the side is dumb, too.

I know its personal preference but, if the Apple logo area was made of sapphire glass and functioned as TouchID it could replace the home button all together + decrease bezel size.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
I know its personal preference but, if the Apple logo area was made of sapphire glass and functioned as TouchID it could replace the home button all together + decrease bezel size.

why would the apple logo be smaller than a circle? it's just ugly above all.

Nieval

Suspended
Mar 13, 2008
why would the apple logo be smaller than a circle? it's just ugly above all.

I was referring to the mock-ups, but fine, circle/square/triangle/whatever-floats-your-boat; its the underlying functionality I'm getting at.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
I was referring to the mock-ups, but fine, circle/square/triangle/whatever-floats-your-boat; its the underlying functionality I'm getting at.

I don't see much room for the bezel to get smaller. a touch ID integrated into the display is surely possible, but I'm not sure Apple is ready to move to soft keys.

Nieval

Suspended
Mar 13, 2008
I don't see much room for the bezel to get smaller. a touch ID integrated into the display is surely possible, but I'm not sure Apple is ready to move to soft keys.

You make a good point, such a move might seem drastic now but one I view as inevitable. Remember the furor over the onscreen keyboard? An integrated TouchID or even a screen that functions like the Magic Trackpad aren't as far-fetched as it sounds and personally represent the full realization of the whole iPhone vision.

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
You make a good point, such a move might seem drastic now but one I view as inevitable. Remember the furor over the onscreen keyboard? An integrated TouchID or even a screen that functions like the Magic Trackpad aren't as far-fetched as it sounds and personally represent the full realization of the whole iPhone vision.

like I said, it's not far-fetched..but there's already a ring around the home button to tell the lens to read your fingerprint..if they had to create a separate part made out of conductive materials, I'm not sure if a year later they're ready to integrate that into the glass. Definitely possible, but later this year? I don't know.

Nieval

Suspended
Mar 13, 2008
like I said, it's not far-fetched..but there's already a ring around the home button to tell the lens to read your fingerprint..if they had to create a separate part made out of conductive materials, I'm not sure if a year later they're ready to integrate that into the glass. Definitely possible, but later this year? I don't know.

Another good point, plus the cynic in me says that even if they did, it's exactly the type of feature they'd hold off to cash in another time. If not this year (with the iPhone 6), it definitely won't be with the next 'S' iteration, so by my calculations it's at least 2-3 years away. That's at least 1 year too late - given htc rumours indicate their flagship will be screen only.

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
From the leaks we have seen I am not too impressed with the looks of it. I hate to say but this is the first time I am actually thinking Samsung might win me. I found some renderings of the "iPhone 6" which if the iPhone 5 looked like this i'm pretty sure apple would destroy the s3. Here is the link http://www.yankodesign.com/2012/07/26/forget-iphone-5-its-time-for-iphone-6/ let me know what you guys think of it.

...It's just a thinner iPhone 4. Just go buy an iPhone 4S and be happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.