Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rajjejosefsson

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
I am completely new to mac

I wonder if there are any programs like therenamer to mac. which works satisfactorily?

if not, what is the easiest way to have windows on the mac for this particular program?

And one last question, How To Completely Uninstall programs in mac?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I am completely new to mac

I wonder if there are any programs like therenamer to mac. which works satisfactorily?

if not, what is the easiest way to have windows on the mac for this particular program?

And one last question, How To Completely Uninstall programs in mac?

I can't answer your first two questions, but this is the best way to completely remove an app.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Isn't it easier with any app to do this for me? like AppCleaner or why is the other way better

App removal apps can remove more than you want, and often will leave stuff behind.

I've used AppCleaner, and then used the procedure that I suggested, and found AppCleaner had left stuff behind.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Isn't it easier with any app to do this for me? like AppCleaner or why is the other way better

The other way is better due to being thorough. AppCleaner and similar apps will leave files.

Normally it does suffice however to just drag the app (folder) into the Trash, as the files left behind do not take more than a MB or less (in some instances more though) and slow down your Mac.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008

If you elect to use such apps, be aware that in most cases, app removal software doesn't do a thorough job of finding and removing files/folders related to deleted apps. For more information, read this and this. If you just want to delete the app, drag the .app file to the trash. No other software needed. If you want to completely remove all associated files/folders, no removal apps will do the job.
The most effective method for complete app removal is manual deletion:

rajjejosefsson

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
Thanks everyone, will do the way Shrink said.
then it is only the right renamer program i need, for movies and tv shows left.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
okey will try.

I want it to be like this.

Gladiator.2000.EXTENDED.REMASTERED.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS
To
Gladiator (2000)

It's going to do exactly what you want it to.

1. Add a replace text step for .2000. with replacement text of (2000)

2. Add a second replace text step for EXTENDED.REMASTERED.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS with replacement text blank.

Use the change: Filename without the extension option.

rajjejosefsson

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
It's going to do exactly what you want it to.

1. Add a replace text step for .2000. with replacement text of (2000)

2. Add a second replace text step for EXTENDED.REMASTERED.720p.BluRay.x264-SiNNERS with replacement text blank.

Use the change: Filename without the extension option.
Could you guide me more, don't get it :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.