Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
Someone send me a large file using Mega. I opened the link in Safari and got a warning, that Safari is not fully supported. I took notice of this, but decided to try it anyway real quick before going through the hassle of installing another browser. The download started, but did not appear in the usual Safari downloads area. Instead it showed the progress within the website. Also I could not find it in the Downloads folder in the finder. So I got freaked out and aborted the download.

Now I am wondering where the part of the file that I did download went on my hard drive and how to remove it.

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
So apparently, it has saved the partial download somewhere deep in my system, as I suspected. Does anyone know where this location would be for a Safari download, so that I can delete it?

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
I looked at all files modified yesterday, including system files, and could not find anything. I know this is silly, but I am just to neurotic to let it go....

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
I wouldn't worry, as it probably aborted the whole download, and didn't actually save anything on your machine. Don't quote me on it though.

One thing you could do is just install Chrome (it's good to have more than one browser on your machine anyway as a backup option in case your main one fails and you need to access something quickly), and then re-download the file in that to see where it ends-up (Spotlight searching if need be).

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Mega is a pain, that's for sure. I needed a 20k file and Mega would choke on downloading it. Wonderful.

If you don't want to use Google's Chrome (and I don't), Opera works on Mega.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.