Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Samsung has released two new anti-Apple advertisements highlighting shortcomings in Apple products to promote both its Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.

In the first ad featuring the 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 3, Samsung depicts the phablet-sized smartphone next to the 4-inch iPhone 5s. Basketball star LeBron James is on the screen while a voiceover mocks the iPhone's screen size and quality, along with its lack of a stylus.

"Wait a second, what's hiding behind that pencil? Ah, an iPad Air! Almost didn't see it there. And what's this, hiding behind the iPad? Ah, the even thinner Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1."
Along with the Galaxy Tab Pro's thinner profile, Samsung also points out its screen quality and its ability to multitask, which has also been a favorite subject for Microsoft's anti-Apple ads. Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro has a 1600 x 2560 resolution compared to the iPad Air's 1536 x 2048 resolution.

Samsung has a long history of mocking Apple products in its commercials and has famously promoted its Galaxy line of phones by making fun of iPhone fans who wait in long lines for hours.

Samsung is expected to release a new flagship smartphone, the Galaxy S5, later this month, along with a new Galaxy Gear smart watch. Apple is expected to unveil both a larger iPhone and a smart watch later this year.

Article Link: Samsung Bashes iPhone Screen Size and iPad Multitasking in Two New Anti-Apple Ads

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I've never understood the point of these adverts.
Sure, it shows how Samsung differentiates, but surely just laying into your opponent like that is weak minded marketing?

But hey, I'm a university student with an iPhone. What do I know?

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
devhumor.com-iphone-vs-samsung.jpg

This dude in the first video sound like Phil Dunphy (Ty Burrel), doesn't he?

Last edited:

Simmias

macrumors regular
May 22, 2010
These ads are pathetic. Unfortunately, the public is easily duped by "bigger is better" messaging and we will soon be hearing Galaxy owners bragging about their phones being "true HD".

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Actually, those were pretty funny ads. At least what Samsung is saying in the ads is true: The iPhone screen is too small by today's standards (or at least there should be a choice of larger iPhones!), and the lack of true multitasking on the iPad is another fair point, though to be quite honest with only 1GB of RAM on the iPad Air it can barely handle ONE task... *cough*....Safari....*cough*

Smartass

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2012
haha i actually like these commercials, since they're telling the truth. I mean come on, its 2014 and on ipad you still cant have 2 apps on one screen at the same time.

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I've never understood the point of these adverts.
Sure, it shows how Samsung differentiates, but surely just laying into your opponent like that is weak minded marketing?

But hey, I'm a university student with an iPhone. What do I know?

I love how Apple just ignores them lol

It is not like Apple never done something like that before. Still remember Mac vs PC ads? Still remember how Apple comparing Nexus 7 with iPad mini?

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
I didn't know Samsung made ads for Apple. I don't see how anyone who really knows anything about tech will believe this. Only blind sheep who don't do their research will believe such blatant excuses for features.

jake0112

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2012
Apple: "Thanks for the free advertising Samsung."

I mean seriously, how much airtime/mentions did each Apple product get?

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
I really wish the iPad and iPhone had better multitasking...that's the truth. Not a fan of a phone that can't fit in your pocket...I really don't see the point of phablets.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
Here we go again:

People saying Samsung copies and the iPad sells amazingly well. Or,

People saying the adds are good and Samsung has an edge. Or,

People saying they want a bigger screen on their phone.

numlock

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2006
hugely annoying voice.

regarding multitasking i say hit them where it hurts until apple gives us better options.

btw is lebron signed with samsung?

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
Yes please, take this Samsung Galaxy Tab and take this pencil. Because I wanna have neither.
Take away all the crap and leave the iPad Air for me. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.