Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldex

macrumors member
May 15, 2009
RXY5nDd.jpg

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Poking fun is fine. Apple did it to Windows for years. But Apple was a little classier when doing it. Samsung needs to be a bit classier.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
"Wait a second, shouldn't we enjoy this high-definition jam on a screen that's actually high definition? 5.7 inches of HD?

Shouldn't we be enjoying it on an 8" iPad mini rather than a puny little 5.7 inch device?

A really dumb comparison. In any case, I use my 13" Macbook Pro Retina and my 60" sony tv all the time along with my iPhone. I'm not sure why Samsung thinks 5.7" is some kind of breakthrough in size.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
Does Samsung have the ability to create an ad where they don't bash Apple? You'd think the so called "market leader" would be capable of something like that.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Its an advert - so what and the competitor exposes perceived iPhone weaknesses.

Slow news day.

M-O

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
hugely annoying voice.

regarding multitasking i say hit them where it hurts until apple gives us better options.

btw is lebron signed with samsung?

i'm pretty sure he his. i think he tweeted it from his iPhone.

alexrmc92

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2013
I would like to know what this "HD Screen" thing is that they are talking about. If they are just saying it has a screen resolution of 1920x1080 then i think Samsung has hit a new low. At this point they are just marketing to keep their existing client base, anyone who knows anything about technology should easily see through the apple bashing and the skewed facts.

These ads just keep the general public dumb by using misrepresented advertising tactics to make the consumer feel as if they have something superior to everything else, when it's mostly the same.

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
Not bad, but all Apple has to do is release a bigger iPhone this fall and Samsung is out of bullets.

As for iOS vs some thing called TouchWiz on top of Android. No contest. You can have your 2 things on screen at once, but enjoy waiting 8 months for an Android update that came out 8 months ago because they haven't gotten around to making it work on your device. Yuck.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
The tab pro's multi tasking is quite good in my opinion..but then the real deal for the ipad is the large selection of optimized apps..Until the samsung gets that, the expereince would never be as nice on it..This is something that samsung has little control over..and multi tasking is something apple can adress with a simple update in ios8..Who has the better cards?

Regarding the marketing strategy..Its PERFECT for samsung, its what apple did when the PC was the dominant market..and this is what everyone else would do given apple's dominance (Amazon and microsoft do the same)..

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Anyone recognize the voice in the iPad commercial?

LOL see this is what this type of marketing does....

These aren't Samsung commercials - they are anti-iPhone and anti-iPad commercials. I'm sure Apple loves the fact competitors have to constantly bring them up in their own ads....

Meanwhile, Apple releases the iPad "what's your verse" series of ads, which I think are extremely compelling. Maybe a little over-the-top, but still very nice.

dvasa

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2009
yea, they're very cheap stabs really

I do like Samsung multi tasking, that's a fair argument but as for screen size on tablets, my retina mini is perfect!

Sure, Samsung has advanced in some ways at an OS level and some other clever things but the point is that the iPad is the most reliable device with the longest battery life and the best app store

In regards to Apps, we have the best range of audio apps available on a device along with the lowest latency processing due to a robust operating system so unfortunately we have to take the good with the bad but I feel Apple will catchup with multi tasking soon enough (and I mean seeing 2 apps on screen at a time) and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Gudi

Suspended
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
haha i actually like these commercials, since they're telling the truth. I mean come on, its 2014 and on ipad you still cant have 2 apps on one screen at the same time.
It's a feature called reduced complexity and stellar battery life.
Wanna have true multitasking, gotta buy Windows XP Tablet Edition!

Takeo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2004
Canada
Yup. That's what the iPhone needs... a stylus. Everyone is just totally lost without a stylus. Hilarious.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
These are actually pretty funny. Seeing how I'm typing this from my iPad Air, with my iPhone 5s inches away, and my MacBook Pro across the table... I feel kinda hypocritical.

Samsung makes quality products. Just not phones in my opinion. My TV, home theatre, washer, dryer, and fridge? All Samsung. The build quality is amazing. My last 3 Samsung phones? Not so much.

As Apple fans, we should be glad Samsung is doing so well right now. It pushes Apple to push things down the pipeline quicker instead of sitting on it for a future release. I love competition because I love technology and progression.

Firelock

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
It is not like Apple never done something like that before. Still remember Mac vs PC ads? Still remember how Apple comparing Nexus 7 with iPad mini?

Apple ran the Mac vs PC ads because the PC was the clear market leader and Apple needed to persuade you to buy its product over the market leader. Apple is in the reverse position with its mobile devices so it is the competition which must persuade you to not buy Apple.

mudman2

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Actually, those were pretty funny ads. At least what Samsung is saying in the ads is true: The iPhone screen is too small by today's standards (or at least there should be a choice of larger iPhones!), and the lack of true multitasking on the iPad is another fair point, though to be quite honest with only 1GB of RAM on the iPad Air it can barely handle ONE task... *cough*....Safari....*cough*

1 - "The iPhone screen is too small by today's standards" who sets these standards anyway ?, Samsung's adds maybe, certainly not users, apart from a few kids who game all the time, they are not the biggest market. if you fly a lot, even to other countries, start doing a simple spot the device game, you feel embarrassed for anyone using android.

2 - Mutlitasking on a mobile devise is yet another marketing thing which has no meaningful use in real life

3 - Memory, this is a PC world paradigm not relevant to the mobile space unless your OS is a dog...oh wait

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Bigger screen doesn't mean better, and for me, stylus means WORSE. immature.

How is having an option for another form of input worse? You don't have to use it. And based on sales of 3rd party styli for the iPad and iPhone - I would tend to think many would welcome it - even if they are a vocal minority on MR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.