Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunesconnect.png
Apple has updated the iTunes Connect portal that developers use to track and manage App Store apps. The site has a new Sales and Trends section that allows developers to track sales across certain time periods, sales groups, and more, as well as estimate total revenue amounts, iMore reports.
The lack of modern, useful reporting tools has been a source of developer complaints since developers have been able to complain. Given the size and value of the App Store, and the quantity of both developers and apps, iTunes Connects deserves the attention, and more. Hopefully this is just the beginning.
Many larger developers have forgone iTunes Connect entirely because of its lack of features for more advanced analysis. App Figures and App Annie are two of the more popular app analytics platforms, with many large developers using them to track sales figures across a vast array of categories.

Apple also has an iTunes Connect Mobile iOS app, but it was not updated along side the website today. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Introduces Updated iTunes Connect Sales Dashboard for Developers

amarkon

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2012
Sad to see that the iTunes Connect iOS app still hasn't even been updated for iOS 7.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
Unfortunately, it seems to be just as buggy as the previous version.

Has anyone figured out how to show sales totals for just a single day? Even when selecting just one day using the calendar, it gives me a three-day range of sales.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
The iTunes Connect mobile app is borderline useless.

Mainly because it doesn't remember login credentials, so you need to painstakingly type in your long secure password every time. Kind of annoying when it's something you're likely to want to check each day.

It's much faster just to go into the web version using Safari, which of course does remember your password using Keychain.

Would be nice if there was a useful iTunes Connect app, though, so hopefully a redesign is on the way.

Last edited:

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI

Has anyone figured out how to show sales totals for just a single day? Even when selecting just one day using the calendar, it gives me a three-day range of sales.

I have sort of found a workaround. If you add a filter with "Content" you can add multiple apps to it. You can then save the view. It will display each app as a separate line in the graph and if you hover over a day it will show the apps individual sales. I have simply created a single view with every one of my apps in the content filter so it shows each app as its own line on the chart

crossi81

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2012

First thing I thought about...

God, how can you forget to add a "last day" or a "single day" filter...

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
I have sort of found a workaround. If you add a filter with "Content" you can add multiple apps to it. You can then save the view. It will display each app as a separate line in the graph and if you hover over a day it will show the apps individual sales. I have simply created a single view with every one of my apps in the content filter so it shows each app as its own line on the chart

Thanks for the workaround.

I've also found that the new interface can't seem to remember which iTunes Connect account I'm logged into. I have two accounts — one for apps, the other for iBooks. If I log out of one and into the other, the reports that are displayed will be for the account I into which I was previously logged.

This is a huge security bug, especially in an office in which work computers are shared.

valvetron

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2014
Much eager anticipation here. BUT... what I'm interested in is unit sales per app per month, and what it reports is significantly different from the figures in the old-style spreadsheet download (which is still available). Also it is reporting significant sales on the desktop platform, for which I have no products.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
There are some nice new features, such as the easy access to lifetime figures, but I cannot understand why the daily sales figures were removed.

Dambuster43

macrumors member
May 20, 2013
Yesterday it appeared.....all I got was a group of spinning wheels and none working links/options. This on Safari
Today....the same on Safari....changed to Chrome.....and after it loaded its Ok.
I like the date slider to get an idea of sales patterns.
Its a lot better than the useless version it replaced.

diamondjimbo

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
not working for me, spinning wheel only when i go to view Sales and Trends (in Safari)... anyone else solved it?

Kukulcan

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
This now has an extra day delay for me. It show like Feb, 12. to Feb, 18. in the range selection but shows data only until the 17th.

ReneR

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Berlin, Germany
This now has an extra day delay for me. It show like Feb, 12. to Feb, 18. in the range selection but shows data only until the 17th.

Yes, same here. Completely ridiculous :-/ Apparently no way to check the sales of yesterday, … and in general no way to check a single day, …

In general it looks of course nice, new and pretty, but then usability is just, so, … :-/

----------

Now how about an update for the mobile app :) it's been the same since 2012/10/15.

At least the mobile up still allows up to check the sales of yesterday, … so check that on iOs, and the pretty graph up to the day before yesterday in Safari, … :confused::mad:

crossi81

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2012
At least the mobile up still allows up to check the sales of yesterday, … so check that on iOs, and the pretty graph up to the day before yesterday in Safari, … :confused::mad:

Ironically, that's how I check my sales lately...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.