Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Hey guys,

Interested in buying a PS4 later this year. Probably will be my first console in a long time. Anyways, I'd love to game in my bedroom, so space is limited.

Can anyone recommend a decent HDTV, good nice quality screen, but not huge. I don't mind if it's even smaller than the 27" Apple iMac screen (which to me is already huge as far as Mac displays go).

The PS4 and HDTV will be sitting in one corner of the bedroom. Never did like huge HD screens anyways.

I'd like a good quality screen, but also would like to have 1 or 2 HDMI ports. Does PS4 use one of the HDMI ports, or does it connect to some other port?

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
If you can find one (they're no longer in production) I would highly recommend the PlayStation 3D Display. They should be going for around $100 anywhere that still has them. Typically it'll also come with a game and a pair of 3D glasses. It's 24" and pretty cheap. They do have a relatively high failure rate, but for $100 you really can't go wrong. I have one in my bedroom and the picture quality is absolutely fantastic. As a bonus, since it's technically a display and not a TV, you can use it as a 3D monitor for PC gaming as well.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
As a bonus, since it's technically a display and not a TV, you can use it as a 3D monitor for PC gaming as well.

You can do that with any so long that the PC has HDMI-out.

---

Before I got my 56" jock off sized Bravia for my bedroom (it's not even a big room!) I used to have a little 32" HDTV from 2007 or so. Honestly they haven't come on that much. A well calibrated cheap/old TV can look great, it's just the response rate that can let them down.
I think any Sony or Samsung display will be just fine.

Have you thought about getting a Vita instead? You can play the PS4 off that anywhere the two machines are in range of your router and it has its own set of sweet games.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.