Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
my mom called and they said it only applied to 1gb, 2gb, 3gb and 500gb plans.

500gb:D

Because she didn't mention the correct promotion.

500 MB goes to -> 1GB
2GB goes to -> 3GB
^^those are permanent upgrades

that is +1GB for 1 year with the promo I wrote about.

this is totally different , call up again use the screenshot/s I provided in first page.

Tell rep you want to send her/him screenshots so he/she knows the promotion.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
my mom called and they said it only applied to 1gb, 2gb, 3gb and 500gb plans.
Definitely applies to higher plans as well. Got it with 4 GB and others got it with even higher ones. Sounds like the rep was talking about the doubling of data on the new plans and not the promotion itself.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
500gb:D

Because she didn't mention the correct promotion.

500 MB goes to -> 1GB
2GB goes to -> 3GB
^^those are permanent upgrades

that is +1GB for 1 year with the promo I wrote about.

this is totally different , call up again use the screenshot/s I provided in first page.

Tell rep you want to send her/him screenshots so he/she knows the promotion.

Definitely applies to higher plans as well. Got it with 4 GB and others got it with even higher ones. Sounds like the rep was talking about the doubling of data on the new plans and not the promotion itself.

Ill talk to her tomorrow and let her know. She might have forgotten to say the one year period part.

serega

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Seattle

According to their website 4 gig doesn't increase data.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
According to their website 4 gig doesn't increase data.
The new plans don't add any additional data to plans with 4 GB or more, but this promotion for 1 GB/month for a year is separate and essentially unrelated to the new plans and what they bring.

pete9976

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2009
Awesome, just got it added to my plan.

And you guys are correct, it does not extent the contract!! :D

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Thanks, OP!

I called Verizon last night and added this promo to my "More Everything" 3 GB plan. My wife and I initially had a 2 GB plan on Share Everything which went to 3 GB when More Everything came out last week.

When I called in asking about the 1 GB promo, the rep initially thought I was referring to the bump from 2 GB to 3 GB with More Everything. I said, "No, I think you guys are running another promo that gives an additional 1 GB for one year." She put me on hold for a minute, came back, and said that she wasn't aware of the promo until right then but that I was correct. She added it to our account within about 20 seconds. The promo data is valid from February 9, 2014 through March 8, 2015. There was no contract extension required to take advantage of the promo.

The Verizon rep seemed more excited about the 1 GB for one year promo than I was. She said, "Wow, you're getting 4 GB of data now for the same price you had been paying for 2 GB -- that's an amazing deal!"

Now, when I pull up our account in the Verizon iPhone app, it lists "Shared Promotional Data" as a separate item than "Shared Data". We have 1 GB under "Shared Promo Data" and 3 GB under "Shared Data". Also, the 0.8 GB of data we've used so far this billing cycle moved over to the "Shared Promo Data" bar graph after the change was made to our account so I guess the promo data gets used first and then it transitions to the normal bucket of data after 1 GB.

Thanks again, OP!!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks, OP!

I called Verizon last night and added this promo to my "More Everything" 3 GB plan. My wife and I initially had a 2 GB plan on Share Everything which went to 3 GB when More Everything came out last week.

When I called in asking about the 1 GB promo, the rep initially thought I was referring to the bump from 2 GB to 3 GB with More Everything. I said, "No, I think you guys are running another promo that gives an additional 1 GB for one year." She put me on hold for a minute, came back, and said that she wasn't aware of the promo until right then but that I was correct. She added it to our account within about 20 seconds. The promo data is valid from February 9, 2014 through March 8, 2015. There was no contract extension required to take advantage of the promo.

The Verizon rep seemed more excited about the 1 GB for one year promo than I was. She said, "Wow, you're getting 4 GB of data now for the same price you had been paying for 2 GB -- that's an amazing deal!"

Now, when I pull up our account in the Verizon iPhone app, it lists "Shared Promotional Data" as a separate item than "Shared Data". We have 1 GB under "Shared Promo Data" and 3 GB under "Shared Data". Also, the 0.8 GB of data we've used so far this billing cycle moved over to the "Shared Promo Data" bar graph after the change was made to our account so I guess the promo data gets used first and then it transitions to the normal bucket of data after 1 GB.

Thanks again, OP!!
Depending on how much data you typically use and need you can even change down to a 2 GB plan (to still have 3 GB total) or even 1 GB plan (to have 2 GB total with the promotion) and save another $10 or even up to $20 a month.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Thanks, OP!

Thanks again, OP!!

Not a problem!
glad I could help and glad I did because as soon as 3 of my lines finish contracts I am dumping VZW forever and ever :)

michaelpri

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2013
I just called and was told that since I am on the loyalty plan this does not apply. We have two lines with 2 gig each and pay 120.. a month for both. Is that right? They told me that the same thing on a share everything would be 150. per month.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
I just called and was told that since I am on the loyalty plan this does not apply. We have two lines with 2 gig each and pay 120.. a month for both. Is that right? They told me that the same thing on a share everything would be 150. per month.

That would be correct.

You are not on share-able plan so this does not apply to your account,unless you switch to share plan.

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
I know Verizon allows you to change your plan if you are going to go over your data for that month, or if your not going to use all of your data for a month you can lower your plan. These changes do NOT count against your contract. If we add this 1 GB of extra data, will we still be able to modify our plan as need be and keep the 1 extra GB or will the 1 extra GB go poof?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I know Verizon allows you to change your plan if you are going to go over your data for that month, or if your not going to use all of your data for a month you can lower your plan. These changes do NOT count against your contract. If we add this 1 GB of extra data, will we still be able to modify our plan as need be and keep the 1 extra GB or will the 1 extra GB go poof?
You can change the plan and still keep the promotion. I already changed mine to go down by 1 GB (now that I have the 1 GB promotion to make up for it) to save $10/month (for the next year at least).

Last edited:

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
You can change the plan and still keep the promotion. I already changed mine to go down by 1 GB (not that I have the 1 GB promotion to make up for it) and save $10/month (for the next year at least).

Thanks. This is good to know. I am going to Verizon in 2 days from Sprint. I will wait a few days before I call to add my extra 1 GB. I am ordering my phone online since it is inconvenient to go to store.

Voch

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2006
I'm only two months away from being forced from my unlimited data to "More Everything" with my next phone upgrade and contract, so I called into Verizon to jump on the extra 1GB/month promotion just now, successfully both switching to "More Everything" 1GB/month from "Nationwide Talk 450" while also immediately getting the promotion.

This'll work out well for me as I found I'm using much less data these days (I have trusted WiFi in various places) and needed the unlimited minutes and texting for work stuff.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I'm only two months away from being forced from my unlimited data to "More Everything" with my next phone upgrade and contract, so I called into Verizon to jump on the extra 1GB/month promotion just now, successfully both switching to "More Everything" 1GB/month from "Nationwide Talk 450" while also immediately getting the promotion.

This'll work out well for me as I found I'm using much less data these days (I have trusted WiFi in various places) and needed the unlimited minutes and texting for work stuff.

Forced, why?

Voch

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2006
Forced, why?

OK...not "forced". I'll be upgrading by purchasing a subsidized phone on contract, so I'd be giving up my unlimited data plan for an unlimited minutes/texting but limited data plan anyway. I know there's ways around this but I'm fine with the new plans.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
OK...not "forced". I'll be upgrading by purchasing a subsidized phone on contract, so I'd be giving up my unlimited data plan for an unlimited minutes/texting but limited data plan anyway. I know there's ways around this but I'm fine with the new plans.

Ah. Thank you for the clarification.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Very excited got this promotion by calling in and took all of two seconds once I asked for the promotion directly. Excellent very happy

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
list updated thanks everyone who got on it for telling us about it! :)

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
list updated thanks everyone who got on it for telling us about it! :)

I got it!

The first time I called the guy was a jerk. He was trying to say I wasn't eligible for it since I just started my plan today. I called the (800) 922-0204 number that was listed on the website. I then called the number that was listed here in the thread and the guy gave it to me without any problem. He did say that if you try to add it and you have less than a year left on your plan it requires a contract extension, but since I am over a year that it didn't apply to me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I got it!

The first time I called the guy was a jerk. He was trying to say I wasn't eligible for it since I just started my plan today. I called the (800) 922-0204 number that was listed on the website. I then called the number that was listed here in the thread and the guy gave it to me without any problem. He did say that if you try to add it and you have less than a year left on your plan it requires a contract extension, but since I am over a year that it didn't apply to me.
Strange. The representative I spoke with specifically confirmed that nothing would change as far as contract dates or anything like that (and I double-checked after the fact to make sure that was the case, especially since different lines have different contract dates, some of which are out of contract and some of which have a few months left).

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
I got it!

It does not extend contract that is bs. Glad you got it.

Davewithak

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
I tried calling and getting the 1GB of data added with no luck. After a super long hold time, the rep told me that it was part of the More Everything plan, and the 1GB was already added to my account. I insisted that it was a separate promotion and only good for 1 year, but she continued to say it was the More Everything plan.

I'm gonna try the Live Chat on their site later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.