Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DerRabbi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
I recently updated from a iPhone 4 and its Mophie to a iPhone 5S and a Mophie Helium. When I plug into my car stereo with the micro usb the new Mophie and phone charge fine but no longer send sound to the car stereo. I use to do this all the time with my iPhone 4 and its Mophie. Any advice?

This may be a non-starter if I can't get this to work. Yes I did try multiple micro USB cables and the phone plays fine by itself with the lightning cable.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
I recently updated from a iPhone 4 and its Mophie to a iPhone 5S and a Mophie Helium. When I plug into my car stereo with the micro usb the new Mophie and phone charge fine but no longer send sound to the car stereo. I use to do this all the time with my iPhone 4 and its Mophie. Any advice?

This may be a non-starter if I can't get this to work. Yes I did try multiple micro USB cables and the phone plays fine by itself with the lightning cable.

I believe that won't work since the case only supports charging through the micro USB port (not charging AND syncing).

There are other battery cases that should work though. Check out the Incipio offGrid and the Unu Aero. Those both do charge and sync via the micro USB port so they should work for you.

DerRabbi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2014
Did the Mophie for the 4 support syncing? Because it always played fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.