Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Has anybody tried to connect to a Mac from the Samasung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 via Remote PC? Any user experience appreciated. Thanks.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Has anybody tried to connect to a Mac from the Samasung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 via Remote PC? Any user experience appreciated. Thanks.

No experience with Remote PC but I connect to my Macs from both my iPad and LG G Pad using TeamViewer. You didn't specify what functionality you were looking for--I use it solely as a screen sharing tool to navigate around my Mac remotely and it works great. Also, it's FREE!!

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
I fired it up for a few minutes. Works like it's suppose to. Like someone mentioned, not great for video. In full screen video is very choppy. It plays OK when the video window is smaller. I was able to use Adobe Illustrator on it. It was a bit tricky trying to get the spen to work correctly but a blue tooth mouse will work great I think.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I mean using the Note PRO like a terminal. An example would be using the Note PRO in Starbucks and using it like a monitor connected directly to a Mac located at home.

I can imagine that with wifi connection, performance may not be good. How about connecting the Note PRO via ethernet connection? Will the performance be like that of connecting the device directly to the MAC?

MindsEye

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
I mean using the Note PRO like a terminal. An example would be using the Note PRO in Starbucks and using it like a monitor connected directly to a Mac located at home.

I can imagine that with wifi connection, performance may not be good. How about connecting the Note PRO via ethernet connection? Will the performance be like that of connecting the device directly to the MAC?

There is always going to be a trade off in performance whether slight or huge and it does largley depend on the device being used and the connection (speed, lan vs internet). How would you connect your tablet via ethernet? USB?

At anyrate rarely used it myself, but i've seen people swear by Splashtop when it comes to doing anything media intensive.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
There is always going to be a trade off in performance whether slight or huge and it does largley depend on the device being used and the connection (speed, lan vs internet). How would you connect your tablet via ethernet? USB?

At anyrate rarely used it myself, but i've seen people swear by Splashtop when it comes to doing anything media intensive.

I read that there is an ethernet adapter for this device. Probably connected via usb 3.0. As far as I heard, Samsung kind of haven't implemented something and it is somewhat still like 2.0. Not sure the details...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.