Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Well something happened And my 3GS started showing the connect to iTunes logo.. I kept it on recovery mode and restored.. I got an error 3194 ... Saying could not restore

I know apple has stopped the update to ios 6 but does it include the previous generation devices like iPhone 3GS who cannot go to ios 7 ..

I certainly can't restore my 3GS to ios 6.1.3..

Any answers?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Devices that can't support the latest official iOS version (7 currently) will simply get the latest version that they can support (in case of 3GS it should be 6.1.3).

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Devices that can't support the latest official iOS version (7 currently) will simply get the latest version that they can support (in case of 3GS it should be 6.1.3).

I thought so but as a matter of fact it didn't update ... It was saying extracting software and then suddenly the error came up

----------

Indeed. Have you jailbroken your iPhone before?

Nope it's a factory unlocked phone and not jailbroken

nightwalker21

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
USA
I'm having this issue to I'm on 6.1.6 and just had my phone unlocked by AT&T earlier today and I can't restore my phone because iTunes is saying it's not eligible for requested build.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.