Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anim

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Macclesfield, UK
I ordered a display, 2TB time machine and nMP.

The display and Time Machine arrived in December along with the an envelope and a small booklet explaining Apple Care. Not got the nMP yet as that is still Processing for Feb.

The apple care is for all items on the order (which was mentioned on the order page that it covers the display and TM too) so how does Apple Care work with such a mixed delivery?

So, questions if anybody can help...

Have I wasted 2 months of Apple Care on the monitor which is still sat unusable in the box?

Has the Apple Care started for the nMP that I haven't got yet?

What about the time machine, as I am using that, I assume the apple care must have started for that?

Confused

Thanks
Anim

Lostanddamned

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2009
London, UK
Applecare will run for three years from the delivery of your new mac. It covers the display purchased at the same time and any airport product bought in a period before purchasing the mac (I think its six months or a year. Don't quote me on that…)

Anim

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Macclesfield, UK
Applecare will run for three years from the delivery of your new mac. It covers the display purchased at the same time and any airport product bought in a period before purchasing the mac (I think its six months or a year. Don't quote me on that…)

Brilliant, that covers everything then, thanks for the fast reply.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
from AppleCare FAQs:
Your AppleCare Protection Plan and AppleCare+ coverage starts from your hardware purchase date.
I'm not sure if the "hardware purchase date" is the same as the date that you ordered your Mac and other accessories.
I would suggest that you can check after you have received your nMP. Enter the serial number for your new nMP on this page, https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
and you will see what date Apple is using as your purchase date.
If, in fact, that date is the same date as you ordered the system, I think you should contact AppleCare directly, and see if they can adjust to a date that you are satisfied with (which may be the date that your nMP actually ships, or the date when delivered, and the date you sign for the nMP (I'm not sure about that)

Time Machine is backup software included with OS X.
I'm guessing that you actually mean "Time Capsule" ? :D

Finally, your Apple monitor and Time Capsule do not have AppleCare separately. They are included with AppleCare, because you added AppleCare to your nMP purchase. The display, and Time Capsule, in that sense, are accessories that you added to the nMP purchase, and those two carry the extended warranty because they are tied to the nMP. Their warranty period will be the same as your nMP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.