Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a4est42

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
CA
I have just purchased a new iMAC and am trying to import my external library to the new iMAC. i keep getting an error message

Error Importing Library
The Library could not be imported because it is from an outdated verison of Aperture 3......
I have updated to the latest version on both computers. Is there something I need to do to update the library. Driving me crazy:mad:

webbga

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
Outdated Arerture Library

Try this:

When you attempt to import a library created in Aperture 3.0.x into Aperture 3.1, you see the following alert:
"Error Importing Library.... The library could not be imported because it is from an out of date version..."

Resolution

Any library from Aperture 3.0.x must be upgraded to Aperture 3.1 before it can be imported or merged into Aperture 3.1. To do this:

In Aperture, choose File > Switch to Library > Other/New
In the dialog that appears, select the library you want to upgrade from the the list. If the library you want to upgrade is not listed, click the Other Library button and use the file selector to choose the library.
Click the Upgrade button in the "Welcome to Aperture 3.1" dialog.
Switch back to your main Aperture library.
It is now possible to import the upgraded library into your main library.

a4est42

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
CA
THANK YOU Problem solved!

Try this:

When you attempt to import a library created in Aperture 3.0.x into Aperture 3.1, you see the following alert:
"Error Importing Library.... The library could not be imported because it is from an out of date version..."

Resolution

Any library from Aperture 3.0.x must be upgraded to Aperture 3.1 before it can be imported or merged into Aperture 3.1. To do this:

In Aperture, choose File > Switch to Library > Other/New
In the dialog that appears, select the library you want to upgrade from the the list. If the library you want to upgrade is not listed, click the Other Library button and use the file selector to choose the library.
Click the Upgrade button in the "Welcome to Aperture 3.1" dialog.
Switch back to your main Aperture library.
It is now possible to import the upgraded library into your main library.

That worked. Thanks so much.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.