Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
UK
Hi all,

Can I do an Option-Restore in iTunes 11.1.4 by selecting a downloaded ipsw file from ipswdownloader.com to upgrade my iPhone4 from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3

Is this wise? Unadvisable? Pointless?

(BTW I don't have any blobs)

Any advice appreciated.

eyup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
UK
ahh - went ahead and tried 6.1.2 get the this device not elegible message

even on windows itunes11 get 3194 error

hmm

how to restore 6.1.2 without upgrading

curiosity

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
Download the tool iFaith. It can extract and save your current 6.1.2 blobs from your iPhone 4. Also manually download iOS 6.1.2 from Apples download servers. There are websites linking to those files, such as

http://www.icj.me/ios

Then use iFaith to inject your blobs inside that iOS 6.1.2 firmware file. Then use iFaith to put your device in a so called "pwned mode". It's a temporary hack that is needed to restore.

Use iTunes 11.0.5, for later versions won't work. I think you can download it from said site, too.

You can not upgrade to iOS 6.1.3, because you don't have 6.1.3 blobs. It's too late.

eyup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
UK
Download the tool iFaith. It can extract and save your current 6.1.2 blobs from your iPhone 4. Also manually download iOS 6.1.2 from Apples download servers. There are websites linking to those files, such as

http://www.icj.me/ios

Then use iFaith to inject your blobs inside that iOS 6.1.2 firmware file. Then use iFaith to put your device in a so called "pwned mode". It's a temporary hack that is needed to restore.

Use iTunes 11.0.5, for later versions won't work. I think you can download it from said site, too.

You can not upgrade to iOS 6.1.3, because you don't have 6.1.3 blobs. It's too late.

I'll give it a bash - cheers !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.