Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I use both daily and there really isn't any difference in battery life.

Both last plenty long enough for me to get through the day. In fact, it isn't rare for me to be putting them on the charger before I go to bed and the battery is still at 80%.

Things that really kill the battery:

(1) Display - if its on for long periods of time, it'll drain the battery.
(2) Maps - Navigation is pretty killer, again especially if the screen is on the whole time.
(3) Poor cell reception - if the phone is constantly having trouble connecting to a signal, it'll drain.

I've never had a problem bluetoothing music - can play for hours and not drain much. Usually keep my brightness around 40-50% and leave everything on.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
The 5s does have a better exterior, slim fit, touch id, speed, plus the m7 co processor chip makes the 5s FAR more superior than a plastic phone.
No kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The 5s does have a better exterior, slim fit, touch id, speed, plus the m7 co processor chip makes the 5s FAR more superior than a plastic phone.
No kidding.

As you will see from the actual thread, the question of 5C vs. 5S being better is more from the battery point of view specifically rather than anything else, which is mostly unrelated to what you mentioned in your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
No kidding.

Maybe this will wake up the OP. So what if the battery is three times better with the 5c than the 5s I still wouldn't go for it. Nor wouldn't the majority but whatever.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
Maybe this will wake up the OP. So what if the battery is three times better with the 5c than the 5s I still wouldn't go for it. Nor wouldn't the majority but whatever.

It's definitely not that different in battery life. Since I own both and tend to run the same stuff, I'm being pretty sincere. No real reason to downgrade.

jj03

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2013
To the OP NO!! 5c is not better than 5s i dont have to go in details with anything, but its pretty obvious and thats why the 5s is more expensive than the 5c. But that doesnt mean 5c is bad, 5c is a very good phone tooo!!! Nuff said!!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
To the OP NO!! 5c is not better than 5s i dont have to go in details with anything, but its pretty obvious and thats why the 5s is more expensive than the 5c. But that doesnt mean 5c is bad, 5c is a very good phone tooo!!! Nuff said!!
And, once again, the question is about battery life in particular, not a general comparison of the phones.

Do people not even bother reading even the first post that starts the thread, let alone the thread itself or at least some parts of it?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
And, once again, the question is about battery life in particular, not a general comparison of the phones.

Do people not even bother reading even the first post that starts the thread, let alone the thread itself or at least some parts of it?

Yep, we can read. If he wants he can go to the 5c because it may have better battery life then by all means. However, we are providing our viewpoints as to why that in itself may not be in his best interest. If that is his priority, so be it. Bet ya he has taken notice though even if it is.

Next question.

McScooby

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2005
The Paps of Glenn Close, Scotland.
to the op, remember to turn off all the things that suck the life out the battery such as background refresh of apps, limit location based iAds and frequent locations found under privacy > location services > system services, that'll stop the gps firing off intermittently.

ventana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
my battery has good days and bad days. I have come to conclusion that my battery is fine. The other day I had 14 hours standby and 4 hours of usage at 60% and was like wow this is really good but I was spreading out my usage. Also had 7 hours standby and 2 1/2 usage at 80% so to me it seems a lot better. But now ever since I jaulbroke it it stays at 100% for like 30 mintues usage time then drains extrmemely fast after 98% faster then it seems like it did before. Maybe its from me respringing it all the time i dont know though.

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
My father in law has the 5c and has for a couple of months so I've used it a good few times. I got my 5s yesterday and it's a superior device in my opinion.

That's not saying the 5c is rubbish, it's not. It's a great phone but the 5s is on another planet.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
My father in law has the 5c and has for a couple of months so I've used it a good few times. I got my 5s yesterday and it's a superior device in my opinion.

That's not saying the 5c is rubbish, it's not. It's a great phone but the 5s is on another planet.

Another one .... :rolleyes:
THE THREAD IS ABOUT BATTERY LIFE !

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here

Agreed, two totally different animals here. No comparison. Oh before someone else throws a fit, that includes battery's.

Last edited:

Caesars

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2013
Doesn't seem like exchanging for a 5c would help your drain, the difference wouldn't be that big. You're just suffering from the iPhones sub - par battery. I had to buy a mophie myself :-(.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
So what if it is about the battery. I'll tell you what, I will get hold of a 5c and send it to anyone if they want it instead of the 5s so long as there aren't other issues with it! :)

If one is going to be picky about the thread, be picky about the thread topic! I rest my case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.