Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I have 3gs new bootrom in iOS 5.0.1 BB 6.15.00 i contact to the imei unlocker they said that iphone must be have 5.13.04 to factory unlock so if i downgrade bb so it will brick my radio

I believe if it wasn't compatible, the radio would've been messed up when you or whoever updated it to the iPad baseband (6.15.00) in the first place

ShriksR

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2013
New bootrom does not mean you cannot downgrade the baseband.
Any 3GS made before the 27th week of 2011 can be safely downgraded.

If you are getting IMEI unlock, no need to preserve baseband.
But i contact with IMEI unLocker they said that iPhone 3gs must be on 5.13.04 for factory unlock!

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
But i contact with IMEI unLocker they said that iPhone 3gs must be on 5.13.04 for factory unlock!

A factory unlock means that apple servers think your phone is unlocked. This would be independent of firmware/baseband on your phone. If your IMEI unlocker insists you must be on 5.13.04, then they are lying and not giving you an IMEI unlock, but rather software unlock that needs
1. Jailbreak
2. Unltrasn0w
3. Inability to upgrade or restore iOS

ShriksR

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2013
A factory unlock means that apple servers think your phone is unlocked. This would be independent of firmware/baseband on your phone. If your IMEI unlocker insists you must be on 5.13.04, then they are lying and not giving you an IMEI unlock, but rather software unlock that needs
1. Jailbreak
2. Unltrasn0w
3. Inability to upgrade or restore iOS
Thanks for helping so when im going to do IMEI unlock it dosnt matter on which iOS and baseband im using right!?

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
Thanks for helping so when im going to do IMEI unlock it dosnt matter on which iOS and baseband im using right!?

That is correct. If you truly got a legitimate unlock (can only be done by the carrier of your phone, but grey market vendors have an 'in', so it can be done by unlockers, but are full of scammers), then you can legitimately restore to 6.1.3 from itunes using official firmware files, and still be unlocked.

So if your unlocker is telling you baseband, ios, firmware, blah blah, then they are charging you money for something that is free on the internet.

ShriksR

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2013
That is correct. If you truly got a legitimate unlock (can only be done by the carrier of your phone, but grey market vendors have an 'in', so it can be done by unlockers, but are full of scammers), then you can legitimately restore to 6.1.3 from itunes using official firmware files, and still be unlocked.

So if your unlocker is telling you baseband, ios, firmware, blah blah, then they are charging you money for something that is free on the internet.
So if they can do that so i can also do that for free on internet instead of paying for factory unlock tell me how to do please thanks

dextr3k

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
So if they can do that so i can also do that for free on internet instead of paying for factory unlock tell me how to do please thanks

I recommend researching on the internet unlocking, baseband, firmware, jailbreaking, ultrasn0w, redsn0w, new bootrom.

Just because it is free does not make it easy.

iclarified.com has a lot of great resources.
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253

But beware, you can mess up your phone REALLY bad and end up with an ipod. So make sure you understand everything and its risks before you attempt to do this.

idenRen

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
This baseband downgrade works well. All though those who are having problems with reception, try and remove mobile substrate and ultrasn0w, then re-install them. Que up mobile substrate and then install ultrasn0w.

All though now if I could only figure out why I cant send txt msg's and why the ones I do receive are blank :confused:

silentarts

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2009
3Gs iPhone 6.0.1 Baseband 05.16.07

I am currently on the newer Bootrom...Can you tell me what I can do to unlock my device? It is a 3Gs iPhone on iOS 6.0.1 with Baseband 05.16.07. Thanks in advance...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.