Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Just looking at some Safari extensions and I noticed one called 'DoNotTrackMe'.

Installed it after doing a little research to see it has many positive reviews etc.
Very surprised to see how many trackers are being blocked - this page alone has blocked 6 trackers!

Anyway, are there any negatives to using this extension??
I havent noticed it, but does it slow the browser at all??
Anything to be aware of??

Just after some feedback from others who use the extension - seems very handy but Im always wary of using new extensions like this just in case. Should I have any concerns?

Thanks.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
Just looking at some Safari extensions and I noticed one called 'DoNotTrackMe'.

Installed it after doing a little research to see it has many positive reviews etc.
Very surprised to see how many trackers are being blocked - this page alone has blocked 6 trackers!

Anyway, are there any negatives to using this extension??
I havent noticed it, but does it slow the browser at all??
Anything to be aware of??

Just after some feedback from others who use the extension - seems very handy but Im always wary of using new extensions like this just in case. Should I have any concerns?

Thanks.
I love it and have it on all the time. I have not noticed any impact on Safari performance while using it. They also have some new features that lets you opt for them utilizing alias email addresses when going to sites that require you to put in your email address. Tried it out and it worked well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.