Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
I used My Tracks on Android extensively for tracking road trips, bike rides, etc. It would save the trips and allow me to see the track on a map afterwards, including distance traveled, average speed, etc. I could do this for walks, bike rides, and car trips.

Looking for an equivalent on iPhone? I saw Map My Ride, which seems popular for tracking fitness, including bike rides. But does it work with car trips too?

Something else that will let me save my trips as a map track and share it to Facebook, etc?

Thanks!

kasimodo

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2007
iMoves

I came across the same problem and tried several solutions for iOS with no luck. Either too few options for my needs, or crashing after several minutes of tracking, ...

Therefore, being a developer myself, I decided to make my own and distribute it: iMoves GPS Tracker (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imoves-gps-tracker/id703344393?mt=8)

Try it out. It is new and unknown but the few reviews on the App Store are really good. And I am open to any question/comment.

I personally use it for my boat, car, bike and hike activities but I received several "thanks" emails from users using it in their own plane, or photographs using it to track their photo trip to later add coords to their taken pictures using the GPX.

I hope you like it. :)

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
iPhone app similar to My Tracks on Android?

Map my ride includes several options including biking of course! I upgraded to the pro version for 69p and I intend to use it when biking to work and hopefully beating my own times! I'll check to see if there is a car option..

----------

Good news you can change the type to vehicle and car!

2umeba9y.jpg

I must add it's well worth the 69p!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.