Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
But it IS February. Do they mean February 2015? That would be insane. Who can wait an entire year for a computer? By then needs will have changed!

vpndev

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2009
Wall Street

With the pent-up demand shown by the posts on these pages, Apple stock should be up 20 or 30 points today !!

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
I ordered a MP (6 core , 1 TB) in the second week of January through the university bookstore so that it could be billed directly my department. I don't have direct access to the order myself but I've been checking with the bookstore and the shipping date keeps slipping. It was February for a while, then end of February or early March and today I was told end of April! This is a complete horse crap. I wonder if they are BSing me at the bookstore or if this is really happening to others too. 4 months to ship a computer is completely ridiculous.

why are you taking crap from apple?

----------

We salute you, American Mac Pro factory workers!

But please, work faster ;)

american mac pro factory is CRAP...tim cook should have hired foxconn to do this job.

----------

hopefully, they will get them by this December :eek:

nope..because nMP 2.0 will be announced.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Thank goodness it's only the Mac Pro that's made in America. If they were making iPhones, they'd be as difficult to buy as Apple 1s ...

Sarkar

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2009
Manchester
Got a call from apple this morning saying they won't able to ship in February as initially promised, another 5-7 days, ordered on the 19th December , 6 core, 512, 32gb ram, D700. UK order .

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I really can't decide what to do about the display... I don't have an old one that's much use, and if I can have 4k I want it (either for retina sharpness or workspace or both).

I kind of favor the $800 Lenovo Thinkvision Pro 2840M, which isn't due out until April, assuming OS X's 4k support works well with it. But I'd pay a bit extra for Apple's design, and Thunderbolt hub, and FaceTime mic/cam (and speakers). I just don't want the last of the old Apple displays!

Also, if you order a Pro now and an Apple display later, you can't get the AppleCare to cover the display. Better to bundle the Mac and display on one order.

So I'm forced to play wait-and-see. Hopefully by the time a clear winner in displays comes out--or at least some semi-solid rumors!--the Mac Pros will have caught up with demand. I'd hate to have to wait beyond April.

DigitalJedi

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2009
I sold my old MP in December to make way for a new one. I ordered mine (Quad / 32gb / 1 TB / D700) on 12/28, and just today was it changed to "Preparing for Shipment." Sucks it's taking so long, but still excited to get it.

Update:
-----
Sweet I just got my shipment notification!

Last edited:

aleksoctop

macrumors regular
May 8, 2011
How much do you wanna bet that because of parts bottlenecks they won't make all december orders either?

paulsdenton

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2010
Barton, Vermont USA
I thought this product was going to fall flat on its ass!

That's what you would have assumed from reading the postings on this forum.

It's a marvelous product; especially for video work.

Anyway, all those robots can't work any faster. Don't blame the American worker!

----------

If you're OK with the stock 4 or 6 core, newegg.com has them in stock right now, no wait.

MacMall has some too.

madgremlin

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2014
Here's what I'm wondering -- people who have received the nMP - which cards do you have? I know people who ordered nMP with D700s that are backordered, while one who ordered with D500 received his.

crsh1976

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2011
is it that they are very difficult to make or is the demand so high? or both?

They're Made in the USA, remember?

This is in no way some sort of cheap anti-US rant, we just have completely forgotten how stuff that's not made in Asia takes an awful lot more time because there are labour laws and regulations to respect.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
I would love to have 1, but as a student my budget just simply are not up for it.
But really hope for the people who's have not ship yet that they will be on their way fast.
In the mean time i will en joy my rMBP, iPhone 5s and iPad air confident that i some day will get a mac pro :D

Wow, those are some amazing pictures in your signature line!
http://schrankenmuller.smugmug.com/

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
If you're OK with the stock 4 or 6 core, newegg.com has them in stock right now, no wait.

well then...why aren't people getting it then? is it because they want 8 core or up? :confused:

UPDATE: by the looks of it..they were selling the 256 flash drive...so..i wouldn't be surprised.

Redneck1089

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2004
Hahahahaha! What a joke. Poor design of computer with massive limitations and they can't even meet demand because of their "uniquely" bad design.

Love it. Hope the damn thing fails and we can go back to the original and real design of computer.

Decimotox

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
I love the grammatical error in that email: "...once its on its way".

Hahaha, come on Apple.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
Didn't we already know this ?

nah, try the "The Early 2015 Mac Pro".

They've already extended it already to April, that alone says some hold up issues happening.

I'm guessing EVERYONE on this planet would know...right?

----------

Hahahahaha! What a joke. Poor design of computer with massive limitations and they can't even meet demand because of their "uniquely" bad design.

Love it. Hope the damn thing fails and we can go back to the original and real design of computer.

which is..../\??

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
well then...why aren't people getting it then? is it because they want 8 core or up? :confused:

UPDATE: by the looks of it..they were selling the 256 flash drive...so..i wouldn't be surprised.

From the looks of the MacRumors Mac Pro ordering spreadsheet that's on the Mac Pro shipping thread, virtually no one ordered a stock configuration. Everybody wants to change at least one thing.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011

Uniquely bad design? Opinion, not fact.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.