Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

debslol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
IL
Hi all...I have been lurking these forums for over a year now...I took a leap and purchased the Ipad 4 November 2012 I am one to scoff at extended warranties and such and boy am I sorry I did. Mine dropped off the arm of my chair and hit the metal on my end table just right and shattered by the home button and two nice cracks going up the right and the left. It is usable...but found myself with many splintered feeling in my fingertips from the sharded glass (yup just like in the commercial :rolleyes:) So....what would my choices be for this?? Who do you recommend for replacement??

In the meantime I picked up the Ipad air while I make this decision and will either sell the Ipad 4 or hand down to my daughter or keep don't know yet. I really liked the Ipad 4 and wouldn't have upgraded but I figured now was my excuse if I was going to do it....lol.

thanks and thanks for all you guys do with your helpful advice best forum around!!

Last edited:

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
Wonder why the site apparently doesn't offer screen replacement for the Air yet. Did Apple change something about the way the screen fits or is manufactured?

debslol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
IL
Wonder why the site apparently doesn't offer screen replacement for the Air yet. Did Apple change something about the way the screen fits or is manufactured?
maybe because the air is thinner?? I need repair for the Ipad 4...if I get the Ipad 4 replaced the air will go back...or I will sell the Ipad 4 (what would a fair selling price be with the replaced glass??) or hand the 4 down to my daughter. I really liked the 4 so I am undecided as of yet just don't want a good machine to go to waste

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
maybe because the air is thinner?? I need repair for the Ipad 4...if I get the Ipad 4 replaced the air will go back...or I will sell the Ipad 4 (what would a fair selling price be with the replaced glass??) or hand the 4 down to my daughter. I really liked the 4 so I am undecided as of yet just don't want a good machine to go to waste

If it were me, I'd return the Air and keep the 4 until the next one comes out. It'll be more than good enough until then as the Air appears to have memory issues that should be solved by the next one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.