Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FrenzyBanana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
where can i get/buy/download background music?
i need instrumentals... acoustic and stuff.

my project's theme is FAMILY DRAMA (Happy drama like reunion, surprise bday), COMEDY and ROMANCE.

pinholestars

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
I like jewelbeat.com. The other one I use is the free trial of videoblocks.com. They give you a free 7 day trial and you can download 20 or so videos/music a day. I've done that a couple times :) Just make sure you cancel if you don't want the subscription.

rwbarna

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Bernalillo, NM
Another source.

Freeplay music is another choice.
They charge $0.99 for personal use music (except for use on Youtube, because they put their ads on your work).
Their music covers the spectrum from classical to world to electronic.

adamneer

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2013
Chicago, IL
i use premiumbeat.com because they offer 3 formats for each song (full length, :15 :30 and :60 bundle, and loops bundle) so if you find a song you like, you can get whatever format will work with your length. plus, i find their license prices to be very reasonable compared to other sites. i believe every song is $40 for an individual format, or $70 for the combination of all 3 formats. many other sites price each song differently based on popularity (meaning the good songs are always more expensive) and I've seen licenses go for $70 all the way to $500 elsewhere.

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
there's a some professional classical music in the public domain (e.g. the musopen.org kickstarter project: https://archive.org/details/MusopenKickstarterRecordings , which includes mozart, bach, beethoven & many more, performed by the prague symphonic orchestra )

also there's a lot of good music available via a "creative commons attribution" license (you can use it for free, even for commercial projects, as long as you give credit to the artist ), but it's a pita searching for it. for example, there's a lot on jamendo.com, but they also try to sell you "professional" licenses (even though you don't need it for the cc-by stuff on their site, and there's also a lot of music licensed under different terms (lice cc-sa). also there's a lot of bad stuff as well.

remember to also contribute something to the cc/free - scene if you're using that stuff on a regular basis.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.