Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andycarpman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
I was thinking of getting an imac but I need windows for work. So was going to install windows 7 through bootcamp. Once I'm using windows will it be exactly the same as using it on a PC. For example I've got a copied autoCAD disc and will need to install this for work. Will it install and work like it does on my computer at the moment even though it's a copied version. Any help thanks lol.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I was thinking of getting an imac but I need windows for work. So was going to install windows 7 through bootcamp. Once I'm using windows will it be exactly the same as using it on a PC. For example I've got a copied autoCAD disc and will need to install this for work. Will it install and work like it does on my computer at the moment even though it's a copied version. Any help thanks lol.

It will work exactly like a PC once you install the Boot Camp drivers from Apple on the Windows side.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA

When he says exactly he means exactly bugs, viruses and all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.