Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
Hi guys, I just need some help with a few icons, I'm not asking for help in actually making a theme, but I downloaded M'flat and a few of the icons don't work, and there are loads that aren't there that I have, so mainly I was wondering how I should name them icons and what to call the folders, I see that every app is in a com.xxxxx.xxxxx folder but I'm not entirely sure what that means, thanks for any help.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hi guys, I just need some help with a few icons, I'm not asking for help in actually making a theme, but I downloaded M'flat and a few of the icons don't work, and there are loads that aren't there that I have, so mainly I was wondering how I should name them icons and what to call the folders, I see that every app is in a com.xxxxx.xxxxx folder but I'm not entirely sure what that means, thanks for any help.

The folder name is the app's bundle name. You can get that information in the app's info.plist or use appinfo from cydia

The files inside are essentially the icon names the app uses

Again, it's inside the app's info.plist or you can use appinfo from cydia

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
The folder name is the app's bundle name. You can get that information in the app's info.plist or use appinfo from cydia

The files inside are essentially the icon names the app uses

Again, it's inside the app's info.plist or you can use appinfo from cydia

So for the icons to work, all I do is use the same folder name and the EXACT name of the icon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.