Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strider42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2002
This sounds so stupid, bug for the life of me I can't find an can to create a new, blank email on my ipad mini retina with ios7. Googling hasn't helped me either. Everything else works fine. How do I do this simple task? Thanks.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
top right. its a square with a pen or pencil icon

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-24 at 10.23.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-24 at 10.23.17 PM.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 437

strider42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 1, 2002
that is easy. You can find a square with pen icon on the top right corner. :apple:

Thank you. I didn't see it because I thought those icons were all for the active message. Thank you. That was stupidly easy

iMaven

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2011
If you want more information about using your iPad...

Open Safari
Tap on Bookmarks
Select iPad User Guide

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
Don't feel bad...email is tough to learn on an iPad because it's so vastly different than using email in OSX with its cursor and mouse/trackpad.

If one really thinks about it (I am very philosophical), he/she would realize that using a cursor and a mouse/trackpad is much more complicated than just using a touch screen. We grew up learning how to operate computers through keys and clicks and now are beginning to go back to the elementary stages, which is so much easier as it is more natural. No wonder our grandparents/parents/people who do not know how to use computers generally pick up an iPad so much quicker than a, say, laptop.

kathyricks

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2012
We grew up learning how to operate computers through keys and clicks and now are beginning to go back to the elementary stages, which is so much easier as it is more natural.
I think operating a computer through touch alone as on the iPad is more complicated, slower and unintuitive. Touch should compliment a pointing and clicking device, (e.g. a trackpad that supports gestures) not replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.